Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Leave-In Conditioner.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Leave-In Conditioner.....
    Posted: September 11 2005 at 7:30pm

Hey Ladies,

I'm looking for suggestions on a good leave-in conditioner!  Preferably, a "watery" one. I've been using Daily Doctor and like it, but wanting to try something else. So, what do like/love as a daily leave-in conditioner? Why do you like it? What does it do for your hair and how does it make it feel?  By the way, I'm relaxed w/ type 4a/b hair. All suggestions welcome!!

~tia~

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
afrolatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 8:21am

Hey BrownEyez2 -

I'm relaxed also.  I've been using Elucence as a leave in when I wash.  I find that it makes my hair feel nice and slick and I love the smell.  I also use Hollywood Carrot Oil on roots & ends when I set my hair on rollers. This is the only oil I can put on wet hair that does not make my hair hard.

2x day (once in evening and again in am) on dry hair I use L'Occitane Olive Hair Care Oil (a few drops on roots & ends) and Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter.  I LOVE the two products and have noticed a significant difference in the overall condition of my hair.  My hair drinks up the L'Occitane (it's very light) and both make my hair so shiney.  The Healthy Hair Butter really softens my hair, just melts in, does not sit on top.  I can't get over how much my hair likes it. 

Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 12:01pm
Hey Browneyez.  I absolutely love Africa's Best Organics liquid hair mayonaise.  It makes my hair feel like silk as soon as it touches it. I can detangle with it so easy and it has great slip.  This is the only leave in I use right now.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 5:05am

Since winter is coming I was thinking about a great moisturizer. I decided to use the things that I do use already for hair assistance and put them in a squirt bottle. It works great for me...so in the colder season I will be definitely making this. 

My main products- Shampoo, Suave/white rain/ Vo5 conditioner,  Garnier Fructuse long and strong Split-end repair (rarely use) and olive oil or coconut oil (now and then for pre-poo treatments) and water.

My recipe consists of milk and honey suave with a bit of Garnier Fructose split-end, olive oil and water...this is working perfectly and I can feel an extreme difference. I also, decided to use this as a detangler for my ends the other day and I believe the oil adds the slip as well as the conditioner.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 6:55pm
I'm with Pocahontas. I use the Organics and it has great slip, a nice smell, and feels great on the hair. It feels alittle sticky on the hands as it dries but not on the hair. I'd definitely try. Does anyone still use Lacio Lacio??
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 6:40pm

Thanks ladies! I actually just looked at the Organics hair mayo and the Hollywood carrot oil the other day at the BSS. I think I'm going to pick them both up this weekend and try them.

I also want to try the Salerm 21 but I'm so leery about ordering online. Has anyone else tried this? If so, what's your opinion on it? Is it sold at any stores?

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 7:21pm
im sure you'll find it in some BSS depending on what area you go to. if there's a large latino community or if you live in a big city like NYC or you live in miami, you'll find it in the BSS. i havent used mine in a while but ill use it again and let you know if it still works for me
Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 11:11pm

This thread finally inspired me to place an order this afternoon for some latina hair products.

http://hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27467& PN=5

I can't wait to try them. Here's what I ordered:

Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Rinse

Capilo Honey and Milk Rinse

Star Lacio Lacio

Star Nice & Gloss Hot Oil Treatment

Edited by Nita81
smahone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smahone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 12:19pm
Where do you guys buy your Elucence products?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 1:24pm
LatteTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LatteTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 2:27pm

BrownEyez2,

The best watery leave in would be Aussie hair insurance (comes in a spray bottle). I used it when I was going natural (didn't last) and now that I am relaxed. I hadn't had a relaxer for 8 months and my hair was beyond soft using this stuff (and no tangles). It only costs $2.84 at Meijer (if your state has one), but they also sell it at drug stores and Walmart, etc. I think you should try it out because it is unbelievable. And for my ends I use Elasta QP mango butter. Again another hit.

Edited by LatteTresses
collcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 12:29am
YOU COULD TRY INFUSIUM 23 AND YOU CAN USE IT DAILY TO STRENGTHEN YOUR HAIR
IloveRob   

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 10:58am
I use a glycerin, water and rosemary oil or jamaica black castor oil mix.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 3:20pm
For a good watery leave-in I like QP Elasta's H-Two or Parneavu Leave-In.
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
WomanlyCharm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WomanlyCharm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 9:27pm
I really like a leave-in from Beyond the Zone, it's a product line sold at Sallys.  It claims to be for split ends, but you use it the entire lenght of your hair.  It's got a light,watery gel consistancy, and gives my hair the most "slip"  I've ever gotten from ANY conditioner.
The Lord is my light and my salvation...whom shall I fear?
collcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 8:38pm
the neutrogena triple moisture line as a great leave in condition 
IloveRob   

QueenLinda83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenLinda83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 11:23pm
I like the motions leave in, but I'd like to try the NTM kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic