Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

put ups...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: put ups...
    Posted: September 15 2005 at 11:30am
Hi, I've been looking around for ways to put up my hair but i'm having difficulty finding any casual/simple that i can actually do! I've looked on this site but I couldn't find any that I thought I could do! Any tips people?

Oh yeah, my hair is about elbow length and I am NOT good with hair styling so simple please...

Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 12:10pm
French braiding is simple once you know how to do it.  So is putting it in a bun, pony tail, french twist, spiral twist, or that topsy-tail style.
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 10:24pm
How about a scrunchee bun? It's sort of a ballerina look and very cute. Do it smooth for a classy look or messy for a fun and funky look. Gather the hair at the back of your head as if you're making a pony tail (but don't put the holder in yet); twist the hair firmly but not overly-tight and coil it around, and then wrap the scrunchee around the bun. I wrap twice for shoulder-length hair. You may need a large-size scrunchee. Good luck!
Mels
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 10:02am
thanks, I'll try that
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 7:07pm
Mine's just below my shoulder blades and THIN. I use that scrunchie bun method often. If I'm feeling 'sporty', I let a loop of hair hang out. I have to be careful though....my Boxer puppy LOVES to play with that loop of hair. ;)
kimberlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 1:16pm
I practically live in a scrunchie bun. I have two kids, one of whom is only 4 weeks old and has discovered my hair. Not much fun prying tiny fingers out of my hair!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 1:28pm
Ok, i just tried that scrunchie bun thing. Either I'm rubbish at hair (true lol) or i need to start jabbing in hairpins...
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 2:56pm
I HAVE FOUND A METHOD!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!  It's called a hairgami(?) and you just put it up in a pony tail, twist it up and click it in to place! Perfect!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic