Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair gone. all over blond

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondee208 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondee208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long hair gone. all over blond
    Posted: September 15 2005 at 6:31pm
i used to have pretty long hair, almost down to my waist and used to get highlights every once in a while. i fully colored it about half a year ago bright blond (yes..i know ahhh) and noticed major changes.it is now up to my shoulders from breakage i guess and very blond. i went to the the hairdressers a little while ago to get rid of the yellowish tones and hopefully make it look more natural. for about a week i liked it but the color is too all over and i really miss the depth highlights created. i have natually curly hair but straighten it... i dont want to return to my original color because its too dark ( dark dirty blond) but i really liked the natural look i used to have. my question is, should i dye it an ashy blond? maybe with some thin brown streaks underneath to create more break up? i have like no cash right now so going to a salon is out of the question. im so anoyyed at myself for being so careless... will toning down the color make it easier for my hair to grow again? any sudgestions would be greatly appreciated...!! 
Elli
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 9:42am
You're just going to have to choose between having long, healthy hair and having colored, heat-styled shoulder-length hair in lousy condition. Your choice.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 12:26pm
I think you should hold off. Maybe let your hair fix itself so that you can save up for quality coloring treatment that may be less likely to damage your hair (compared to a cheap coloring). In the mean time, pamper your hair so it will be it's healthiest when colored.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 2:25pm

I agree with eKatherine here. Short hair doesn't show damage as much as long hair. Long hair that actually looks good will require a chemical-free heat-free discipline. Chemicals and heat will damage hair. Damaged hair will still grow, but it will develop split ends and breakage (which needs to be removed). Eventually there is a point where the growing processed hair will look terrible. Then most people change their minds and cut if short again.

In short, chemicals and heat set people back when they're growing long.

my LJ, 40 inches long
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 2:39pm
I third ekatherine.Chemicals and heat are really hard on hair.It really does boil down to whether you want to have long healthy hair or the latter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic