Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

please help!! hair loss from dyeing! =(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinkgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please help!! hair loss from dyeing! =(
    Posted: September 16 2005 at 2:40pm
three weeks ago, i dyed my hair.  i didn't get the results that i wanted, so the next week, i dyed my hair twice.  the last time i dyed my hair, i think i left the hair dye on for too long.  i did not feel a burning sensation, but now i am losing a lot of hair.  it is coming out from the roots.  i am very scared of becoming bald.. i am in college, and i have tests that i need to study for, but all i can think about is my hair.  has this happened to anyone?  will this be permanent?  i feel so stupid for what i did and i fear losing all my hair.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 9:40am
Sounds like you've damaged your hair and it's breaking off at the scalp, due to the fact that you applied it so well there. It'll grow back. You might want a wig while you're waiting.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 12:10pm
Yep, hair loss due to chemicals is usually always chemical.

I thought I had over-dyed my hair until I realized my hair was just
damaged and breaking off because of daily use of a swimcap (I was on my
school's swim team for a while before I became too busy). Try some
protein pak to apply to your hair - wet it with warm water, apply, and
then wrap and wait five mins. Do that a few days a week and you'll see an
improvement in your condition.
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 12:12pm
Wow, had a "d'uh" moment there. What I *meant* to say was that hair
loss due to chemicals is almost always TEMPORARY. *phew, I think I need
to eat some breakfast*
pinkgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 2:43pm
thanks a lot for your replies!
baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:42pm
right 
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 9:12pm

Don't worry it will grow back. Do lots of protein treatments, and deep condition after the protein treatments so your hair won't feel dry. This will help buffer the damage and prevent more hair from falling out. Also at leat for a while, you need to use a natural shampoo, with no harsh sulfactants. I found a great one at Lamasbeauty.com. The chinise herbal shampoo. It really help me after my nightmare with Thermal Reconditioning, which cause my hair to fall out. The is another great product called Salerm hair loss treatment. You can read my post on "hair comes out on come" in this same forum for more details. Try not to stress out too much, that will only make it worst. I know that's difficult to do in college, but do your best.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic