Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Garnier Frutis Long and Strong?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garnier Frutis Long and Strong?
    Posted: September 18 2005 at 3:25pm
(sorry for any spelling mistakes ^_^ )

Has anybody tried this or knows if it's any good?
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 6:05pm

Does your hair do well with silicones? I've heard that Garnier Fructis conditioners have a lot of them.  

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 8:05pm
Yeah, my hair has done better with silicones.
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 7:04pm
I love Garnier Fructis Shampoos and Conditioners. I use the Color Treated versions. It makes my hair MUCH stronger than when I don't use it. I have thin/fine/lightened hair and I haven't found anything else that keeps it 'strong'.
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 8:29pm
I've never used the Shampoos and Conditioners, but I use the leave-in from time to time.  It says on the container that it fixes and prevents breakage, but all it really does for me is help keep the last few inches of my hair from frizzing up and tangling.  Which is still a pretty sweet deal I guess.
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 2:05pm
I have just bought this shampoo to maintain my long hair, im hoping that it will work for me but one use is not enough for me to tell ye. I'll let you know how it goes.
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 8:17am
i used fructis shampoo & conditioner a long time ago, it made my hair go really greasy. i tend not to use shampoo nowadays, usually once every 2 week, but condition my hair a hell of a lot
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 9:34am
I don't like Fructis shampoo and conditioner at all because just like MrsMNK my hair got all greasy and yucky. Does anyone know why? My sisters hair looks fine when she's used it and our hair is very similar, though her's is a bit thicker and shorter. I like the smell of it though...
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 4:53pm

Garnier works great with my hair, but then again, my hair eats in silicones like crazy. It looks the stuff, and I have to clarify often. However, just test it out. Some people find that Garnier turns their hair plastic-y or greasy or hard and brittle. Others, like me, find that it leaves the hair soft, smooth, and tangle free.

But the good thing is that garnier is cheap enough to test out and just toss aside if you don't like it.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2005 at 8:57pm

But if any of you have unused products, don't toss them though! Women's shelters such as those run by YWCA will appreciate them immensely.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 4:45pm

I have been using Garnier long and strong for a while now. It seems to work ok for me. I don’t  think that it does all its claimes to do, like prevent breakage and that, but it doesn’t make my hair any worse off, and I didn’t find that it left my hair feeling greasy. I just make sure I use a leave in conditioner afterwards ( which is not fructis) I will continue using it for a while and then maybe try something else.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic