Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YAKY hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
honey_lips21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honey_lips21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YAKY hair
    Posted: September 22 2005 at 4:29pm

Hi, okay I have been dying to figure this out... I saw a type of hair on a website called "EUROPEAN YAKY WEAVE" it looks gorgeous and they guarantee the hair to be tangle free for 90 days...

I want to purchase it but i dont know much about different hair types...is yaky hair safe to use on someone who is caucasian?  i have been looking for info online and from what i can understand *which isnt much* is that yaky hair is only for "european inspired african american styles" in other words is this hair going to be too course to be compatible with my own hair.  the picture of the hair doesnt look course at all it looks silky and smooth...i have heard of regular yaky but what is european yaky?  it is 100% human hair and all...is this something i can use on my hair?  i am caucasian.  also wondering if 1/4 lb of it will be enough to do a full head of extensions... consider this when u answer that last question:

my own hair (resonably thin= 18 inches

extension hair =26 inches

LatteTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LatteTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 4:40pm

Hi honey_lips21,

Yaky hair is supposed to be processed to a relaxed hair texture which is not suitable for a caucasian person. You would probably want a silky straight texture. Yaky is processed to have a more ethnic look. Hair being called European yaky really doesn't make sense (to me anyway). You should contact the company to see what they say about the texture and who it may be suitable for.  It may just be a lightly processed yaky for those who want less of a relaxed look. Also what does "european inspired african american styles" mean? I've never heard of that before. HTH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honey_lips21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 4:46pm
well they said that its basically hair for african americans who want extensions that have a europan style (aka silky straight hair) in other words compatible for african americans supposedly but its looks and feels like silky european hair.  i guess it must be hair that is relaxed hardcore to the point that its like european hair.  i dont really get it either...thats a good idea i guess i will contact them and get this sorted out.
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 6:49am

hi i would not get any yaki hair even if it says european its kinda a contradictoion but as you said will be just for African Amercans who want the total relaxed look - it still wont be like ours though.

bohyme is promised to be tangle free for 90 days also..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honey_lips21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 11:30am
Thanx kirsty...thats all i neede to kno....lol it was a bit cheaper then the rest too i was kinda wondering why.......i called them and the guy told me that anyone can use it but he sounded foreign lol no offense to him i just dont think i can trust him lol...anyway. what is bohyme and where can you get it.  also do only certain companies guarantee it to be tangle free.  oh and also what do they mean by that?  i am kinda curious, tangle free to what extent does anyone know.
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 1:33pm

hi well if you do a search on the board for bohyme a lot will come up!! superhair factory 'promise' for it to be tangle free for 90 days however in my expereience no hair is tangle free for 90 days - however bohyme can still look good after 90 days and needs little maintance. i have bohyme in just now - if you search back a couple of pages i have posted pics - and i really like it.

a lot of people really like this brand of hair you can get it from www.ebonyline.com or www.superhairfactory.com if yur in the us - SHF isnt very good with foreign orders. its i afairly reasnoble price for hair you know will be good quality.

so as i say do a search and you will find out lots

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic