Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"mixed" issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oreo1455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreo1455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "mixed" issues
    Posted: September 22 2005 at 7:31pm
hi. i'm 15 and *new*. i could really use some advice on how to deal with this awful mass people are calling hair. i'm african american/hispanic (unfortunately more hispanic - frizz disaster) and my hair is a terror. Extremely coarse, kinky, and THICK. It looks like someone glued brillo pads all over my head. I had a hair disaster two years ago when a new stylist used too harsh a relaxer for my hair(of course she didn't let me know about this). Almost all of my hair fell out. my hair is finally getting back into it's original condition. I keep my hair braided all of the time to help with breakage and growth. I would love to wear my hair down for awhile - especially for formal - but I really don't want to damage it. I'm adopted and i live in an entirely caucasian household - not very helpful in this situation. I would love to know:

Does the Solia Tourmaline Ceramic flat iron work on all types of hair?

Are there any styles that you would suggest for formal? My hair is just past shoulder-length, relaxed, and layered at the ends. my dress is very delicate and "puffy" - 14 layers of tulle.

Is anyone else in the same situation?!

any other tips would be appreciated as well
Thanks!
bellezanegra921 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellezanegra921 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 10:12pm
Hey girl, I feel your pain but there is no need to despair. I have a flat iron and I think they all pretty much work on all hair types. Are there any african-american salons near you? Perhaps you should go to either and african-american or hispanic salon. You don't have to perm your hair to get it straight and I'm sure they could give you some good product suggestions. Good luck and have fun at your prom!
LatteTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LatteTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 10:59pm

Try the FHI ceramic ionic flat iron. This thing works miracles. They cost around $150 but you can find authorized resellers on ebay (I bought mine for $70.00) and they come with a 30 money-back guarantee (from the seller) and a 1 year manufacturers warranty on any defects. I will look up the person i purchased from and post if you are interested.

P.S. Unlike the CHI flat iron I've had my FHI for about 2 years with no shortages in the cord or breakage.

longlgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longlgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 6:46pm
I would love to have the info on how to get that flat iron for 70 bucks too. My daughter and I have been looking for a good flat iron but they are so pricey.
In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.
- Dionysius Longinus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LatteTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 7:07pm

longlgirl

I will post the info for you asap.

Update: Ok i went to the sellers page and at this time the only have the constant temperature (410 degrees) 1" available for $34.99. They also have the 1 3/4 inch for $74.99 (i believe these have multiple heat settings). They also have a brand called Superstar, which I'm not familiar with. But just contact the seller. I'm sure he could get you the type you want. I purchased the 1" ceramic ionic profesional flat irons. This type has multiple heat setting, a swivel cord, and the heat dial is located on the inside. HTH

P.S. They heat up to the selected temperature in like 10 seconds.

If the link doesn't work then here is the sellers username:  kbmill2

http://health-beauty.search.ebay.com/_Health-Beauty_W0QQcatr efZC12QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ26395QQsassZkbmill2

Edited by LatteTresses
longlgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longlgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 10:05pm
Thanks Lattetresses! I am going to the link right now.
In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.
- Dionysius Longinus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LatteTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 10:23pm
Tell me how it goes.
oreo1455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreo1455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 10:47am
i have a horribly sensitive scalp. Trying to my separate un-relaxed hair hair is a disaster Do any pain relievers actually work? Getting braided today - wish me luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic