Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All natural hair products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smahone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smahone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All natural hair products
    Posted: September 23 2005 at 4:04pm

Since most products tend to have thing like parabems, mineral oil & petroletum I'm thinking about just buying natural products only.  I have heard people talking about them, so where is a good place/website to buy natural products??  And if you have tried them what to do you think?

Thanks so much

Sheena

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 4:59pm

ok- i got the heb-plus shampoo concentrate at www.thechemistrystore.com and i also got their vitamin fortified conditioner concetrate there.

Another good website is www.camdengrey.com  i purchased the conditioner concentrate there- they also carry shampoo concetrate as well.

These products are great and work well on my hair.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
smahone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smahone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 5:36pm
Thanks Carameldiva, also that Coconut conditioner worked out really well.  I love it, it makes my hair feel so soft.
smahone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smahone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 5:37pm
I'm mainly looking for natural shampoos and conditioners
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 8:32pm
oh these ones are 100% natural- no additives at all. I usually add liquid aloe vera to my shampoo and conditioner because my water is hard. Hope this helps.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
smahone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smahone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 8:40pm
Yes you helped, thanks so much 
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 9:41pm
HI smahone2!! I haven't tried alot of all natural lines but one I use regularly is Aubrey Organics. This line is all natural and organic as well as not animal tested. www.aubrey-organics.com is the website that has all of their information but you can find it at most better health food stores and The Vitamin Shoppe. www.vitaminshoppe.com has a few items also. AO also has body care products as well. My favorite hair line of theirs is Honeysuckle Rose. The HR shampoo is ok but I LOVE the conditioner. It's very moisturizing. I hope this helps.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 11:20pm
if you want natural shampoos, try shampoo bars. lots of websites where you can get them. be careful cos some shampoo bars have sulphates and stuff. the ones you should look for shouldnt have any and ingredients should be mainly oils. this is where i get mine from.....Mia Simone boutique
never tried their other products. HTH
Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 9:51am
J/A/S/O/N hair products is a good nautural haircare line. They're available at WholeFoods, natural stores, and natural aisle at your local grocer.

Online stores:
http://www.goddess-within.com/janahaca.html
http://www.iherb.com/jason.html
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 8:29am

Haven't ordered from here yet but products look great....http://www.ashasnaturals.com/naturalhair.html

I've ordered products from here.....http://oyinhandmade.com/oyin/index.php?p=33 I'll let you know which ones if interested.

I ordered a shampoo bar from here......http://www.miasb.com/skincare3.htm

Ordered shea butter from here....http://nasabb.com/catalog/natural_soaps_240175_products.htm

smahone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smahone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:04pm
thanks Pokahontas, Nita & Renee.  Pokahontas, Yes I would be interested in knowing wich products you ordered and actually liked
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 8:29am

From Oyin I got the sample pack that she has and I liked everything. 

Greg Juice is and herbal spritz that makes your hair extremely soft and it's all natural. 

Honey Hemp conditioner is great but I don't think I'd order that again because my hair drinks up conditioner and that stuff is pricey.

Shine and Define is one of my favorites because I love shiney hair, especially when I wear my slick back pony tail (which is everyday).  This stuff gets the job done and it has no bad ingredients in it like cones and stuff which most shine enhancing products tend to have.

Whipped Pudding!  I have to put an exclamation point because this is my favorite product.  It is so moisturizing and it makes my hair so soft without weighing it down.  It can be used for skin and hair and it has a yummy chocolate scent that I love.

I just ordered the whipped pudding and shine and define again, and also the funk butter natural deodorant that she has whick is awsome also.  That stuff holds all day.  I really want to order the Honey Wash.  She says this is great for a body wash or a shampoo and I've heard great stuff about it. HTH....and sorry so long!

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 9:12am
Thanks Renee for that link...when I get some funds and close to running out of shampoo I might have to get me some of those soap bars. They look edible
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic