Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

damage to hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cherry-cola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry-cola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damage to hair?
    Posted: September 25 2005 at 8:57am
i straigten my hair nearly every day? how much will this damage it? i have bleached blonde hair too, so does this make i more likely to be damaged?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 9:39am

Yes.

Processed hair (dyed, permed, etc) tends to have less overall moisture than hair that is unprocessed. (edited to add: dryness eventually leads to breakage and split ends) Heat from the straightening iron will evaporate the hair's moisture, although you can deep condition and use heat protectant to minimize this loss of moisture.

There's use, and there's overuse. Personally I think every day is a lot of straightening. But it depends on a person's hair type whether they can do it every day without damage.

Hope this helps,

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 8:56pm

Yeap definitly too much straightening. Specially if your hair is bleached. You have to use good products and use a high quality ceramic straightener. That way you won't have to do it everyday. I have super curly frizzie hair, and I only flat iron twice a week. My hair stays perfectly straigt and shiny until my next wash. I have a Sedu flat iron. It is the best ever. It takes me 10 min to do my whole head. I do however blow dry first, since I discovered that it keeps my hair smoother and straighter longer than air drying and then flat ironing. I have a Hai ceramic tourmaline dryer which dryes my hair in a fraction of the time as my old dryer. It used to take me an hour to blow dry my hair, now it takes 20-25 min. If you want a good hair regimen and an idea on which products to use, check out my post on "the fight against humidity". I keep sending everyone there. I just don't want to write it all over again.

Good luck, hope it helps

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic