Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eat protein for hair growth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eat protein for hair growth?
    Posted: October 01 2005 at 5:57am
Does eating protein everyday optimize my hair growing potential since hair is made of protein?

Edited by Thorn
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 6:45am
Hey! im sure protein has got somthing to do with hair growth, protein is in food like beans,fish,peanuts,eggs,cereal,cashews,baked potatoes,vegatables & cheese, things like this are rich in protein, which im going to start eating more of aswell as drinking plenty of water!
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 6:45am
Originally posted by MrsMNK MrsMNK wrote:

Hey! im sure protein has got somthing to do with hair growth, protein is in food like beans,fish,peanuts,eggs,cereal,cashews,baked potatoes,vegatables & cheese and also milk!, things like this are rich in protein, which im going to start eating more of aswell as drinking plenty of water!
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 9:04am
I heard that people who don't eat much food with protein tend to grow hair very slowly each month. I've been eating high protein food for a while now like tuna fish, eggs etc and my hair is really growing! I'm happy with my hair today. I just want to grow another inch or so.
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 9:18am
thats great! how long is your hair??
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 10:25am
My hair is down to the bottom of my neck now and I love to style my hair in a super straight flippy style, like in my signature.  
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 11:36am
thats cool, are you wanting to grow ur hair long? and do you straighten ur hair? i stopped straightening mine long ago, my hair is BSL and i want it really long!
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 11:56am
No I'm keep it the same length but I'm growing out my layers a little longer for easier styling.
Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 3:38pm
I've heard you should eat lots of tofu as it's supposed to be really good for your hair. Anyone else??
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 6:20am
There is nothing special about tofu. It is a vegetable-based protein source.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 8:53pm

I'm sure protein could help your hair growth.  I remember learning somewhere that some people with eating disorders can end up losing patches of hair, mostly due to protein deficiencies.

...So eating protein certainly couldn't hurt!!

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 12:06pm
I disagree. Specially with the eating fish or whatever. I've been a vegetarian for the past year and I reckon my hair is healthier and longer than it's ever been before. So yah boo sucks (Lol)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by LadyFrog LadyFrog wrote:

I disagree. Specially with the eating fish or whatever. I've been a
vegetarian for the past year and I reckon my hair is healthier and
longer than it's ever been before. So yah boo sucks (Lol)

What is it you disagree with? That people who are severely malnourished because of eating disorders can lose their hair? It's just a fact.

If you're happy with your diet, good for you. But hair is made of protein, so people do need to consume it.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 4:14pm
No, hair is made of keratin and you need to consume protein because it is essential for your health. hair falling out with malnourishment-of course it's true but it's a side effect of their bodies not being healthy. You should be eating protein every day anyway as part of a balanced diet.
Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 9:34am
What about nails?? I thought they were made of the same thing as hair and I'm almost sure they're made of protein?
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 11:32am
no, they're made of keratin too. Same thing as birds beaks!
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 3:15pm
Ladyfrog you're wrong. Keratin IS a protein! When you eat protein our bodies can turn it into keratin which makes our hair.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 4:56am

precisely-it's not made of protein!!!!! Made of keratin. Like I said! lol

didn't know keratin was made of protein though

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic