Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

THIS is my hair (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sacredfire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sacredfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THIS is my hair (pics)
    Posted: October 02 2005 at 11:04pm
Okay...help? lol  I just want healty hair =(
I only shampoo once a week, and I use deep conditioners..I also use coconut oil that the ends of my hair...but nothing is working.  As you can see, I don't use a straightening iron either =P

Edited by sacredfire
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 11:42am

I looked up your past threads. I know this sounds obvious, but you're going to want to stop processing your hair. Chemical straightening and straight-ironing is just going to make things worse. Granted, you'd have to deal with un-straight hair for awhile but I think it's necessary.

Good luck, and I'm sorry this isn't very helpful.

Anais

Edited to add: *Nevermind*  (see below)

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sacredfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 1:56pm
I don't straighten or do anything to my hair except for washing it, conditioning it and combing it..but anyways..thx :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 4:24pm

Whoa, I must have mixed you up with someone.

Sorry sweetie!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 4:31pm

Hokay.....

A response that is relevant...

How many conditioners do you use? Adding a second, lighter conditioner can help immensely. This would mean using a light conditioner after shampooing, and then using your usual normal-weight conditioner. Light conditioners include the Suave and V05 brands.

Of course this isn't a quick fix, but it will help in the long run. I know for a fact that I didn't get noticeable results until about 2 months after adding a second conditioner to my routine. The added moisture, over time, will help with shine and ease of combing. Over time, it helped a lot with the sun damage I had. And further, adding a second conditioner helped "weigh" my hair down so I had less frizz or flyaway hair.

I hope this was helpful.  Sorry for the mixup earlier.

Anais

Edited to add: I know you've had chemical work in the past, and straightening in the past, but could it be that your hair just has an extremely "coarse" classifier (large-stranded hairs) by change in hormones throughout your life? 

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sacredfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 5:29pm
yea..my hair is REALLY  coarse...hehe

anyways...for the past few months, I only used shampoo once a week.  Everytime i shower, i would use a sauve conditioner, and then I would use the pantene deep conditioner.  I haven't touched the hair iron or the hair dryer for several month...but my hair till looks like THAT...but its better than before...at least its not super frizzy at the top anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 11:42am

Have you tried Giovanni Direct Leave-in? My hair used to feel very very coarse, until I started using Giovanni on just-dried hair. Then I sock curl and go to bed. The Giovanni for some reason makes it much softer. It's also organic and cone-free. Hairboutique MP carries all the Giovanni products but they are out of the Direct Leave-in, but you can find it here or here also. I think the formulation has changed though.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sacredfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 1:18pm
thx , hopefully, I can find that at the stores....parent's don't allow me to buy things online..hehe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic