Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Transitional" breakage question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NoNapNique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNapNique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Transitional" breakage question
    Posted: October 03 2005 at 9:29am

My question is: About how long should this "transitional" breakage period last? (I mean the transition from unhealthy to healthy)

My hair is about 1/2 inch from armpit length, but it is a little stringy and "see thru" from me not taking very good care of it over the years ... So I am now on a "healthy & thick" hair care regimen (on it now for about 3 weeks)...  But I am noticing breakage - and it was doing GREAT the first week of my regimen (I did a mini-trim in Aug.). As my hair is going from unhealthy to healthy, I am seeing those little pieces coming off.  I know it is not something I am doing wrong now, because I am using the right products and doing the right things.  But it seems that it is now doing the same as when I was not taking care of it.  I do not get clumps of hair coming out like I used to, but I don't want to see ANY hair coming out now that I am taking better care of it. 

***I plan to do mini-trims (1/4 inch) every six weeks, until February to try to banish some of the stringy-ness. And then I will not do any more trims for the rest of 2006 and just keep the ends conditioned and moisturized.

Edited by NoNapNique
Monet001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monet001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 9:35am

Try aphogee it stops breakage immediately (no seriously) I live by this stuff I have used it once in the past 3months and no breakage yet. Also keep your hair moisturized.

Good Luck

NoNapNique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNapNique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 9:41am

I did the Aphogee treatment 2 weeks ago... And it worked great!  But should I use it everytime I notice breakage?  I notice some people space the treaments out like every 4-6 weeks.  I also do the baggie thing once a week and I use leave in cond. and Kera Care Essential Oils or their Oil Moisturizer everyday.

Edited by NoNapNique
Monet001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monet001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 10:32am

Please don't only use it every 6wks or so. Did you clip your ends? If so and you have been doing the treatments along with 1-2wk washing/cond/deep cond/moisturizing your hair should stop breaking.

Yolligirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yolligirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 12:16pm
Monet001 it correct Aphogee should only be used at least every six weeks, there is too much protein to use more often than that, using it more frequently could have an adverse effect.  Be sure keep your hair moisturized.
Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 3:53pm
It took me about 6months to a year to repair the damage that was caused (my stylist put the relaxer on all of my hair ) What helped me was massaging my scalp everynight before tying it up; Perm Repair daily moisturizer,Parnevu T-tree oil is amazing for greasing your scalp 2-3times using natural oils to moisturize before shampooing (Shea butter-to moisturize, jojoba oil-replace lost natural oils, almond oil- seals spilt ends) Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic