Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My latest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My latest
    Posted: October 04 2005 at 11:59am
I've lost another size, I am size 8 and was 131.5 lbs (I am 5'2 and a half) at my monthly weigh-in on 10/1.   

Now (I'm on the right, the other girl is holding my daughter):

And at 220 lbs, summer of 2002:

You don't need to be a size 4 to look and feel great, and you don't need to try to lose all of your weight in a big hurry. Making changes that you can keep with you for life is the key!

Thanks for letting me share!

Elissa

Edited by Elissa
[/url]

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 5:28am
That's great ^_^ .  Have you got a certain goal in mind, or just taking things as they come?
More awesome than a manatee!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 7:53am
I'm done, I actually wanted to settle at 135 lbs and went to 131.5.    I am done. Thanks for all of your support!
[/url]

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 10:18am
Wow! Congratulations! You look GREAT!!
All I can say is that you've honestly inspired me to get up off my butt and work out:)
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 10:59am
You did a great job and you look awesome!!! Did you change your eating habits and how often did you exercise?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 11:39am
Thanks. Yes, I changed my habits as follows:

I plan my meals for the day in advance and then don't deviate from what's planned, which prevents me from making off the cuff decisions about food later on. That is helpful. I limit what I eat to lowish-fat choices, meaning no fried, no heavy creams or oils, etc. I limit quantities to approx 3 oz protein at lunch and 6 at dinner. Bread/starchy side dishes are limited also (2 servings at breakfast, 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner). I try to choose whole grains for those whenever possible. 2 snacks a day are fruits, and a 40-90 cal frozen pop at night. I eat a salad every night with reduced fat dressing, and have a veggie every night (without considering it's carb count). I don't worry about carbs. I don't use butter, mayo or any of those types of condiments. That is really about it. This really works for me, I find it to be balanced and healthy. I don't take time off for vacations, holidays etc. although I did have a small piece of my bd cake and the same at my daughter's 1st bd. This way of eating is one I can live with for life.
[/url]

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 2:44am
How did you decide your weight goal?  That's a bit confusing to me.  I thought I had settled on 115 as a pretty good goal (I'm 5'1"), but a scale I used at a store told me my ideal was 128, and someone in another post was unhappy at 110. . .  Or maybe I should go on BMI rather than a number on a scale?  *wonders*
More awesome than a manatee!
LisaSue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaSue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 11:31am

Wow, your hard work is so admirable, you look great!!  In the before picture, though, you really don't look like you weigh 220.  It looks like you also cut your hair short with the weight loss, your hair looks really fantastic, too!  I'm just curious, do you exercise regularly at all?

Edit:  I also wanted to ask (sorry to be so personal) what size were you at the higher weight?  Thnx.

Edited by LisaSue
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 12:01pm
Kuroneko, in High School I had been a size 9/10 or 7/8 and my "normal" weight (meaning no dieting but no overeating either) was around 130ish. I always felt that was a perfect weight for me. Even as an adult I felt comfortable around that. Even though it's at the high end of the healthy weight range according to various charts, I've always felt it was very healthy for me. In addition, I am always one size bigger on the bottom, which means if I'm an 8 in pants I'm a 6 on top. To me this is plenty thin enough. If I was 115 like the weight charts say, I'd be emaciated-looking. I like having a bit of boobs and butt too! Anyway, I'm 39, no kid anymore. You have to decide what is comfy for you, perhaps you will know when you arrive there.

LisaSue, thank you. I was a size 20 in my before pic and now I am about an 8 in most things. I was indeed 220 lbs, 5'2.5 feet tall. My hair is about two inches below my shoulders now, though I wear it up a lot. It was clamped up in the recent picture.

I am a horrible exercise slacker. I do not exercise formally, though running after a 16 month old I am very very active now. I am lucky that my metabolism is still good enough to lose all that weight without exercising. I am jiggly as all hell, but hey I look good in clothes and I am satisfied with that, for now.

Thanks everyone who replied with encouragement. It helps me a lot!

hugs!

Elissa
[/url]

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 12:06pm
Here's a hair pic--not very clear but gives you the idea of length. I actually had it professionally trimmed recently, something I don't do very often as I usually trim at home. I needed layers, my hair gets too bushy. It looks weird in the back because the wind was blowing it up in the air so please ignore that:

Edited by Elissa
[/url]

gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 2:22am

Hi,

You look fantastic, especially having a young child!

Keep up the great eating habits!

I wish my hair was long and full like yours, I'm 35yr.s, almost 5'6" and 133 pounds. I eat in moderation, have great strength and muscle tone, because I love to walk, dance, and go bowling, oh and play darts and pool.

Occasionally I'll eat sweets, or lightly drink alcohol. But otherwise, I'm doing well.

My Cholesterol, is 155, my blood pressure is 96 over 56 average(which is great! I limit excess fat, and never add salt to my food/s.

I drink lots of water too!

Take care, and God Bless!

Katie ;)
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:50am
Thank you! Congratulations on your many health-related accomplishments.   You are a model of good health!
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic