Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Er, not really a skirt person. . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Er, not really a skirt person. . .
    Posted: October 08 2005 at 2:50am

I stopped wearing skirts years ago, but I got kinda bored of my jeans and t-shirts (almost exclusively) wardrobe and wanted something different, so I actually own two skirts now.  Both are black and mini-length.  One of them is plain black satin, and the other is black with like off-white or beige-ish pinstripes.  I have no shoes whatsoever that go with them -_-; .  Any suggestions?

More awesome than a manatee!
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 12:03pm
A pretty pair of sandals go with anything. If its a daytime outfit, then maybe a cute pair of slides with a kitten heel? Black to go with the black skirt and maybe an off white to go with the pinstripes. If its a nighttime outfit then try a bigger heel.

A strappy wedge sandal would be really cute and comfortable, but I'm not sure if they are still in this season or not hehe.

Astarte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astarte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 9:22pm
Black knee high boots might look good ^_^ 
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 3:31am
I love knee-high boots, but have never owned any.  I might have to look for plus-calf ones, since I'm a big girl :-P .  Do they have those in like regular stores, or do they have to be ordered?
sayurigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayurigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 12:34pm
sandles are def nice with skirts, and i see you're in the USA. same as in canada i didn't know what went with skirts, i had the problem, wearing a skirt always meant sandals which can get quite cold or make you feel naked. what girls are wearing here in the UK is amazing brown suede boots not with killer heels but flat soles, they are amazingly comfy, WARM and look beautiful with or without black tights. i know when i dont want to wear something tight i just slip on the skirt and boots. its bliss. oh and also legwamers are wonderful with sandles or pointy toed flats. anyways dunno what they sell there, i know i'm stocking up on boots until i'm banished back to canada...
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 10:55pm

After looking around a few stores on a few occasions, I recently bought some mid-calf fake suede boots with low but very skinny heels.  I'm not very good at walking in heels, but haven't fallen down yet, so maybe I'm all right.  *crosses fingers*  These boots are all right, but a poor substitute for the knee-high ones.  Guess I'll have to keep looking for ones that'll fit my fat legs :-P .

Unfortunately, I keep being attracted to punky shoes that won't especially match the skirts I have.  Maybe the next skirt I buy will be one of those cutesy plaid minis ^_^ . . . maybe the kind with buckles. . .  That would go great with punky shoes!

trriddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trriddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2005 at 1:19pm
try the pay-less shoe stores. They have a wonderful assortment of boots. They have all styles including the knee-high with the chunky heel. Also, nine-west has a large selection.
Tava
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic