Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rubbery hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babyj32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyj32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubbery hair
    Posted: October 08 2005 at 10:17pm
I've been reading some of the posts on here, and the responses . . . I have totally destroyed my hair and now its all rubbery feeling like if I pull on a strand of hair, its almost like a thin rubber band. If I pull with even just a little force, it breaks off. And it doesn't snap off like dry hair, its as if my hair was a piece of plastic that you pull and stretch until it breaks. Some of my hair is like this up to the scalp and other parts of my hair is only like this half way up (my hair is shoulder length with layers throughout) It sounds like some of the people on here have had this same problem. I'm wondering how you have managed to wash your hair without all of it breaking off. I'm so scared to even touch my hair let alone wash it! HELP!
brittney4824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittney4824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:31am
Yikes you over processed would be my guess. Dont touch it unless you have to wash VERY carefully and let it airdry ok. Get some protein packs and condition it everyday if you can. Without seeing you hair thats about all the help i can offer sorry. Good luck.
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 9:52am

I agree with brittney4824,

Take care of your hair, and the rest of yourself too,;)

Post some more if you need help again.

God Bless,...
Katie
summer*22* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summer*22* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 11:30pm
I did the same thing to my hair about two weeks ago. I used lots of different deep leave in conditioners to help my hair. I put them on damp hair and covered it with a plastic cap, and then leave it one for an hour or longer. I did this every day and only used a wide tooth comb to brush it into a pony tail. My hair is a lot better now. It is still fragile but not gummy and gooey anymore. But it took doing that everyday for two weeks.

Unfortunately I still lost a lot of hair. It was really thick before and is pretty thin now. But I can tell it's getting much better.

Good Luck
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 10:09pm
 You should get not just get protein pacs,but actual protein fillers. They come in clear and in colored if you need a slight color correction too. You can get them at a BEAUTY SUPPLY store,Preferably Sally's. Start by leaving it on at least 15-20 minutes a day. YOU should also get a trim...sorry,but when hair is THIS damaged it will just continue to break off unless it's trimmed. My hair did the same thing once and I had my hair cut the shortest it has ever been.
Also,you could try NEXUS emergencee~it really helps alot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic