Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trimming methods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trimming methods
    Posted: October 11 2005 at 5:47am

Well since I've vowed never to go near a hairdresser again (there have been way too many overpriced bad haircuts in my life...I think it's a curly curse) and am growing my hair out again, I would like to know the various trimming methods you guys use.  I have read about "Feyes method" on here and was wondering if there is a link to it somewhere.  Also, with "search and destroy", can it be done with shorter hair (mine is shoulder length)?  How would one go about finding the split ends? What exactly do they look like?  I know these are probably pretty basic questions for you guys, but I'd appreciate your wisdom

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 6:56am

My link to Feye's was in my Mozilla, and for some reason I can't get Mozilla to even open anymore, so I'm sure someone else can post that link....

My hair was chin length about 2 years ago, and I did search and destroy even when it was short.  I couldn't really reach the back, so I just did what I could until it grew longer.  Most of my splits are in my top layer of hair, so I just sectioned off my hair to keep track of what I did and brought it over the top of my head to right in front of my eyes.  If its too hard to see, may as well wait until its longer, rather than cutting too many.  It shouldn't be very split at that length since its all relatively young hair. 

The most common splits look like hair that is split into 2 pieces at the end (like a Y), or hair that bends at a 90 degree angle at a white dot. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 3:45pm

There's a Feye link in Medusa, under "Reviews and Links"  Feye is so awesome. I just wish I knew how she was doing because we haven't seen much of her online lately.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 7:28pm

I trim off those awful splits with sharp fine
eyebrow scissors,, works beautifully i hate those 90
degree angle breakage ones,, MAN O MAN how i
hate those,, sometimes they go and inch or more up
the shaft....
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 1:24am

Thanks Susan, very helpful!  I am not too worried about it at this stage as I'm wearing my hair up every day (out of mind out of sight), but it's worth knowing.  How long is your hair now? (in 2 years)

Thanks Anais! Got it!  And that's a very good detailed instruction site.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 7:10am
Its about 2 inches short of the very bottom of the bra strap (bsl) now.  If I hadn't cut it at all, it would be there and a little beyond by now, but its still blunt cut straight across, and the ends are healthy and not split, so I can be a little patient. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 11:05pm

Oooooh Susan!  I just checked out your site and I LOVE your hair.  I will never in a million years have hair like yours (straight and behaving well!) but I do so admire it!!  It looks so thick and shiny and soft. It's going to look awesome when it's loooooong too.  And your colour is lovely!

Sorry, hope that's not too gushy, but I'm turning green here

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 6:59am
Oh!  Thank you so much!  I never get any compliments on my hair in non-virtual life, so I'm enjoying what you said immensely!    I plan to put a new photo up soon, I see I haven't done it since June.  I've always admired wavy and curly hair too - I thought exactly the same, that it can look so shiny and soft like yours!  Yours will be even more stunning long than it is already too!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

I plan to put a new photo up soon, I see I haven't done it since June.

Yay! Looking forward to seeing your new pic, Susan.
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

I've always admired wavy and curly hair too - I thought exactly the same, that it can look so shiny and soft like yours!  Yours will be even more stunning long than it is already too!

I agree!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic