Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grey HAIR!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grey HAIR!!!!
    Posted: October 12 2005 at 3:14am

My hair is naturally red, and since i was 6 i have had strands of silver/white in my hair which my mum used to dye with henna, i was just wondering if anyone else has had grey hair at a young age? Or isit because my hair is red?

Also do you think my full head would go grey if i stopped hennaeing? Thankss!

Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 7:19am
I don't think whether you stop hennaing or not will affect how your head will go gray (unless you suspect that there is gray hiding under the henna naturally that you don't know about yet!). 

I don't think gray is so bad personally, especially on long hair, I always thought streaks of it looked nice.  Some of the women in my family got gray streaks around 17 to 20 years old (they aren't redheads)...they often colored it too to their natural color, but it looked pretty neat not colored!  6 is pretty young for gray...are you sure it wasn't just white blonde strands?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 7:45am
well it was white but there was pretty big bunches of it, and because my hair is so red it stood out alot. O well, ill c what happens when the hair dye comes out.

Aim *butt length*
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 11:20pm

Well, my Mum and consequently myself and my sisters all started to grey around the age of 16.  This was no drama for me as I used to like colouring my hair using chemical dyes.  My eldest sister developed a rather large grey stripe in the front of her head following a head injury when she was 6 or 7.  My other sister hit her in the head with a rock and she has never grown any pigmented hair from that area of her scalp since then.  Ppl always thought she purposely dyed it that way, and she really likes it.

Nowadays I use Henna to dye my hair and touch up my roots with the henna about every 3 weeks.  Most of my grey is at the temples and the top of my head (no grey at the back), so if I stopped using henna (not that I ever would, I love it too much!) then I would have grey showing in those areas (and a "delightful" line where the Henna stopped).    Are you thinking of not using Henna anymore? Henna is permanent and will not wash out, so you will have a bit of a line as it grows out.   

Btw, my Mum never dyed her hair.  As I was growing up I remember thinking she was blonde.  She has always had this beautiful ashy colour which is now more of a silvery snow colour. She has light blue eyes and is a well-groomed attractive woman, so her hair suits her. Ppl always compliment her on her hair.   I think that some ppl look lovely with their natural grey (or white) colour showing.   Good on you if you are thinking of going this way!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 4:57am
im only 17 LOL not ready for the full white head yet, i want to keep my red hair, i was just wondering if under all this henna any more grey hair has come, mine was mostly in patches underneath my hair.I remember at 1st school people would notice it, it was horrible!

Aim *butt length*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic