Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Update! I can’t believe it either...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiramisu2c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Update! I can’t believe it either...
    Posted: October 15 2005 at 10:12pm
OK, so it's been a while... but since my hair massacre on August 6th, this is how it is so far (no trimming):

That's with the flat iron of course.  It's the first time I've used it since I got my hair cut, and I really couldn't believe how long it's getting.  I can't wait for it to get longer. 
I almost caved and got a trim because you can't tell in this picture, but it's not that length all around.  It's about an inch shorter in the back, but it looks OK from the front.  I wanted to even it all out, but I was afraid I'd feel like I made no progress. 
So, yeah, I'm getting there!
Currently, my routine is pretty normal...
I shampoo and condition everyday to every other day with Garnier Fructis Long & Strong, and then when I get out, I let it air dry about halfway, use some Garnier Fructis Long & Strong leave-in conditioner, and tie it back.  Once every two weeks or so, I use Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Shampoo with the Garnier Conditioner just to clarify.  So far, so good.  I find that the hair under the top layer (meaning the hair above my ears near the crown), is curliest.  My hair's not really curly but DEEPLY wavy, and it's pretty crimpy there.  It's kinda weird, lol.  I look a little like a roosterer spaniel, but we'll see what happens when it grows out.  Haha, so that's my update for now!  Thanks!

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 12:15am
You're doing great so far. Thanks for sharing your progress.

I think since it's not a major length difference you could perhaps wait a few more months and let all the hair get below your shoulders. Then when you even it up it will still be below your shoulders and won't seem like as much lost. Are you able to do ponytails or ponystubs yet?
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 5:34am
Wow, your hair must grow fast... It looks great aswell 
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 6:26am

Hey, since I"m a newbie here I don't know about your "hair massacre" but I'm guessing that the result of that masacre is the pic in your avatar right?   I feel for you.....I know what it's like to lose more length than you wanted.   But how cool is it that it's making such excellent progress?!!!!   Do you wear it up most of the time now? I'm finding that is a really good strategy for me right now, so that I don't have to see it all the time and maybe be tempted just to give up and cut it all off.

Anyway, well done and keep up the GREAT work with your hair.

PS: Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Tina Arena?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 11:29am
Hey! 
Yep, ponytails have been my saving grace.  I immediately throw it in a ponytail while it's still damp, and soon enough, it's gained an inch or so. 
Missrini:  The avatar pic I took like 2 days after the haircut.  Long story short, I asked for a trim, and she took off about 4 or 5 inches.  It went from below my shoulders to about chin-length.  I had a slight heart attack of course... but now I'm growing back out. 
Thanks so much!  I have no idea who Tina Arena is...is she a singer??   Thanks though! 

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 1:12pm
Wow your hair grows fast! It looks really nice the way you styled it in the photo. Good luck with it in the future.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 1:18pm
WoW! You look fabulous and thanks for sharing your progress story
my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 9:43pm

Yep, Tina Arena is very well known here in Australia and (strangely enough) she's apparently pretty huge in France too.  She has a great voice and is very beautiful.

So what is your hair goal Tiramisu?  I've not really decided on mine yet (just want it fairly long), I'm just going to see how it looks as it gets longer.   I think that wearing your hair up also makes the growing out a little less obsessive and (as you said) "soon enough its gained an inch or so".    I have not tracked my growth rate yet, but I think I will do it for one month and see what I get so that I can roughly work out what length it will be next year etc.

Good luck to you! Keep us posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 11:10pm
Well, my short term goal is to get it comfortably around my shoulders.  That's normally where I wear it, an inch or two past my shoulders.  But, my long-term goal is BSL because I've never let it get past there, and I don't honestly think I'd be able to deal with it if it were much longer than that.  I have A LOT of hair.  Not that it's thick, but there's just SO much of it.  In the summer when its longer it's really heavy.  So, I'll see how it is when it's at BSL and if I feel like setting another goal, then so be it, lol.  So that's all, I'll keep you posted! 
According to my little ticker thing, I only have one month and three weeks left  to my short term goal, so we'll see!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 6:56am
It looks great!  Congratulations!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 5:29pm
I concur with everyone else here.  Your hair's looking really good.  How long do you want to grow?  I think longer hair will look fabulous on you. 
kimberlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 10:16am

Your hair is looking great!

I have a similar hair type to yours. Lots of fine hair, with funny waves  To keep my hair happy (and help define the waves) I put conditioner on the length of my hair, then shampoo my scalp only. Rinse and condition again. I also made some wonderful leave-in spray that is super cheap and makes my hair super shiny. It is really great for my hair type, since I have a ton of hair and it is really poofy if I don't treat it right!

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 6:34pm
Would you please share your recipe for the leave-in spray?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 6:41pm

Sure. I'd think it would be wonderful in your hair, giving your curls definition without making them all stiff and crunchy!

1 tbsp jojoba oil, 2 tbsp aloe gel (not the green stuff you use on sunburns, but the 99% pure stuff from the health food store that you can drink) & 3oz of spring water. Put it in a spray bottle with a few drops of your fave essential oil, shake it up, and spray it liberally through your hair. I use it as a detangler when my hair is wet, and also to refresh my hair between washes. I use spring water instead of tap water because our water is quite hard.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 7:07pm

Sounds great! Thanks

PS: I drink Aloe Vera Juice every morning, so this would be the stuff to use?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 11:35pm
Yep! That's exactly what you would use :) I like to put vanilla EO in mine, since it makes my hair smell nice. Rosemary and Clary Sage are nice too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 10:54am

My sig shows my hair after using the spray. This picture is before I started using it:

Notice how much puffier my hair is without the spray?

CWC with Aussie Moist Shampoo & Conditioner, homemade aloe/jojoba leave in spray
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 11:22am
missrini, what does aloe juice taste like? We used to put aloe on my little sister's finger to get her to stop sucking it because aloe tastes bad.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 7:56pm

Kimberlily...I think your hair looks gorgeous with or without the spray personally!!!  That's some beautiful head of hair you have there

Layla, when I first started taking Aloe Vera juice, I couldn't stand it! I used to hold my nose and just throw it back (scull it) and then quickly drink LOTS of water. hehehe

Now, however, after having taken it for a few months, I rather like the taste.  It's a mixture of bitter and sour, but it has a nice refreshing "zing" first thing in the morning.  It has digestive benefits and helps to cleanse and heal your digestive tract.  I also take a range of other natural therapies to keep my body in top condition  and just because I'm really  interested in natural health.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic