Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Anyone tried any NEW products ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Anyone tried any NEW products ....
    Posted: October 16 2005 at 12:32am

Hey, has anyone purchased or added any new products to their hair care lately?  Would you give a review...good or bad?

I just got AFRICA'S BEST ORGANICS LEAVE-IN LIQUID HAIR MAYO!!  I absoutely love this stuff! Makes my hair feel like silk and it detangles like a dream, combs just glides thru and doesn't leave my hair sticky or weighed down (thanks for the rec Poka & Honeydoo )  There's so many other I'd like to try that other ladies have recommended, but this is the first I've purchased.

ANNND....I must say I don't know why I've been sleeping on adding EVOO to my conditioners!! (I know, what took me so long ), but I can't say enuf about how soft and shiny this leaves my hair. I almost don't need a leave-in after my CW's!  Anyway, enuf about me....

Anyone else?  Reviews please

~tia~

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 7:26am

Your welcome Browneyez.  I stocked up on that liquid mayo.  I love it.  It has such good slip and that's what I need.  Africa's Best also has a shea butter detangler for kids that works just as well.  I have that one also.  EVOO in condish is great.  I add lots of honey in mine also.  The honey acts as a humectant and attracts moisture.

Let's see.....new products.....

Fantasia IC heat protector serum- I've only used this once so far so I don't have a good opinion yet.  It did make my hair nice and shiney though.

Castor oil- It's a bit heavy for me but it works well on my ends.

Coconut Milk- I added a little honey and used this after I shampooed.  It was messy but I liked how it worked.  My hair was very silky and had a nice natural shine to it.  I would try this one again.

Creme of Nature setting lotion- I like this.  It dosen't make my hair crunchy.

Fantasia IC shine serum- I like it but I like Oyin's Shine and Define better.

Surprisingly this is it.  I'm on a little bit of a product buying freeze because I'm trying to use up some old stuff to make room for more.

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 9:58am

Well i just purchased Lafier Desrizol rinse, lafier almond rinse and miss key 10 en 1 super conditioner.

I have only tried the lafier desrizol rinse and i liked it alot- liked the scent and the way my hair felt after using it.

I'll update on the others later.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 2:16pm
Joico K-Pac... I love it!
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 10:29pm
havent gotten anything new. im on a no product challenge. i have my eye on a denman brush though

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 7:13am

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

havent gotten anything new. im on a no product challenge. i have my eye on a denman brush though

So do I.

Jazmynsgrandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 9:18am
what does the denman brush do to your hair?
SanGita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanGita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 11:04am

I just tried Culture's 7 day relaxer. I bought it for my twin nieces and it really loosened their hair and made it easier to comb. I also put it on my edges/new growth and it smoothed them out with the blow drier.Good product.

Also the Jane Carter Solution Wrap & Roll foam. Nice hold and shine.

afrolatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 12:35pm

Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Hair oil - Love it.  The scent (woodsy and a little like cloves).  Use as roller setting (modified hot oil treatment).  Also used on dry hair for additional shine.

Carol's Daughter Hair Balm - Did not like this one.  Too heavy and the smell was not appealing to me.  A good product though.

Jane Carter Solution - Nourish & Shine - Love it!  Really softens my hair and adds nice shine.  Great scent (light refreshing, citrusy). This is the only product that has noticbly softened my son's hair which is very DRY and gave it nice shine.

Asian Hair Tea Conditioner by Curls - Pricey but I love this one.  It really detangles my hair, a feat that no conditioner has achieved in a while without a lot of effort and persuasion on my part.  Leaves my hair soft & shiney (not too soft and never coated). Really like the scent too.

Edited by afrolatina
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Sistaslick Sistaslick wrote:

Joico K-Pac... I love it!

I'm not a big fan of the Joico K-pac. I LOVE the Moisturiser, but after using the K-pac I noticed a lot of split ends.. My hair has always been really strong and I am usually able to color it up to 5-6 times without any problems, but after using the K-pac I noticed a lot more split ends..My mom loves it though, so maybe it was just too much protein for me? It does smell lovely though, doesn't it?

I just bought some Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and I really like it.  I also just starting trying the Garnier 1 Minute Fortifying Hair Mask and have been mixing that in the hot oil treatment and my hair just loves it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 6:26pm

Sounds good ladies. Although, I'm trying not to buy anything else right now it's always good to know what everyone thinks of diff products.

Anyone else?

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 6:28pm
  Yeah it smells like bananas.  I never knew a protein treatment to cause split ends though. I actually found Joico to be a lighter/kinda mild protein treatment.  To me, it and aphogee 2 min are like what and what
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 10:59pm

I tried  Garnier frutis long and strong sample packets...it was ok, not bad but wasn't the best.

I also purchases samples from myhoneychild and I have only tried the Guava Honey Balm but the smell to all of my samples are AWESOME...I rather wear them in summer cause the heat makes the scent riseand I would be smelling fresh.

I haven't tried anything else that was new.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 1:24pm
I'm still waiting for my Sickbay order. I ordered Sole and Cinnamon shampooa and conditioner, Milk and honey conditioner, and Salerm21. I have been waiting to wash my hair to use these products!! It should come today(fingers crossed).
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Grow Hair Grow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grow Hair Grow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 1:31pm
I just bought Fantasia's Tree Tree Intensive Conditioner- here's a pic of the bottle:( http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWP ROD&ProdID=528) . It was amazing. My scalp felt all cool and tingly, I was in heaven!!! :-)

Edited by Grow Hair Grow
http://public.fotki.com/growhair/
pw: grow already
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 2:50pm
Ok- the miss key 10 en super conditioner- felt just like that a super conditioner- it was great- i like the smell and i loooooove the way that my hair felt afterwards- so soft and moist- definitely a keeper.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 1:08am

^^^^^ Ok, I might have to break down and get me some of these Dominican products! I've been trying soooo hard to resist, but they keep calling me!  Especially the Salerm and Miss Keys10 en1 super cond.

I see Carameldiva likes the Miss Keys. Honeydoo, plz report back on the Salerm after you use it! I'm going to try to hold out..not sure how much longer though. I'm trying to be strong.

Anyone else use any of Dom. products? If so, Whaddya think?

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 7:17am
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

I tried  Garnier frutis long and strong sample packets...it was ok, not bad but wasn't the best.

I also purchases samples from myhoneychild and I have only tried the Guava Honey Balm but the smell to all of my samples are AWESOME...I rather wear them in summer cause the heat makes the scent riseand I would be smelling fresh.

I haven't tried anything else that was new.

Myhoneychild is on my list of products to try next.  I want to try like all of her samples.  For some reason the Sophia's old fashioned hair grease appeals to me.  It has no bad ingred's in it.  The scalp cleanser's sound intresting also since they are all natural ingred's.  It is a bit pricey though.  Wish she had a sample of it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 7:38am

Originally posted by Jazmynsgrandma Jazmynsgrandma wrote:

what does the denman brush do to your hair?

It's a professional  hair brush that is supposed to be great for detangling and distributing product.  A lot of people rave about it.

afrolatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 8:05am

Re Dominican Conditioners:

I have Salerm Balsam conditioner.  It's really good, a bit perfumey for my taste but really good slip and lots of shine.  I have a very old large bottle that has lasted forever.  I do not use it often because of the smell.  It's not a bad smell.  It's just more like perfume.

I have also used a conditioner called Perfecta but can not tell you where to find it online. I have searched high & low but never found it online.  Several Dominican shops in my area carry it and it is excellent.  The easiest detangling and shine and softness, the hair just feels great.  Makes your hair like silk and smells good too.  Very expensive though ($25 small bottle, $50 for large tub).  It is actually manufactured in Rome. 

Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner - very good slip, moisturizing, makes hair shiney.

Edited by afrolatina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic