Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WARNING about TCP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WARNING about TCP
    Posted: October 17 2005 at 3:06am
TCP does work great in straightening and smoothing out your hair.  I have extremely thick long hair and this product does work wonders.  Yes, it is true about the red paint coming off.  However, I DO NOT recommend this product due to my experience.  One day I turned on the TCP, but it was not turning on and the red blinking light was not there.  I was very upset because it was not working.  I then turned it off, walked away for a while, came back, and turned it on and it worked.  This happened two more times, but the third time it was off for good.  I was angry because it finally broke down on me on the day I really wanted it to work.  Therefore, I went to a Sally Beauty store and got Jilbere de Paris Ceramic Straightener for only $37 on sale.  This straightener works just as good as TCP if not better.   Remember I have extremely long thick hair.  Then I called customer service and I could not get my money back, I could only get a new one in place of the broken TCP, I was past the 30 day mark.  This stinks, because I will have a $119 TCP that I do not need, because the Jilbere works better.  So overall, DO NOT BUY TCP WHEN YOU CAN GET THE SAME RESULTS FOR A LOT LESS.
"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 3:10am
I previously posted this topic, but I haven't been here for awhile and I guess my topic was erased.  So I'm starting over and want to make sure my experience with TCP is out there for you guys (DO NOT BUY TCP).  Also I'm still in the process of getting a replacement.  Last time I talked to customer service was around August 2nd.  I gave it time because it took sooo long to get it in the first place.  Know I'm really mad and going to call them tommorrow.  Wish me Luck!

Edited by Melrose
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 1:39pm
Herse's my report when I called them back.  Again, they had a guy talking to me & said it was never processed for shipping.   Then he asked if I shipped the return to them, I told him that the other guy told me I must wait for the new replacement and then return with an enclosed envelope.  He couldn't explain why it wasn't shipped out to me, and also that it would of caused me out of my 6 month warranty.  However, he explained to his manager my situation and put a note saying I did call before my warranty expiration.  I will now hopefully have a replacement in 2-3 weeks (called Oct17).  Lets see how this goes.
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 6:15pm
Still waiting.....11/03....should be coming in soon.....lets see how much longer it would be!!!
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 5:57pm
Wow, I received my replacement on 11/08.  It was around the time they said it was going to be.  Now I have to return the broken TCP, how exciting.  However my replacement is going to just sit and collect dust.  I want to sell it, but how can I do that knowing how unrealiable this product is.  This is the worst $119 I've ever spent.  *Sigh*
maranda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maranda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 11:22pm
the same thing happened to me, i was completely angry for the fact that it broke, i called the customer service line and they told me that my warranty had expired, it had been expired for 2 weeks when this happened... i had to go for the longest time wearing my hair either up or down and curly, and that gets frustrating with making sur ethat the curls didn't go flat. After about 3 months i convinced myself to buy the maxiglide, and it works, i just don't like the results as much as i did for the true ceramic pro, because now i have to add chemicals to keep it from fizzing.
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 6:25pm
Well, I've shipped out their crappy product back to them.  Which stunk, because I had to fork out more money for the shipping and handling. I think they should cover the shipping when it 's their fault.  I also enclosed a letter for them about my experience.  It pretty much contains most of the information I described in my first post for this topic.  Overall, if you are still deciding on whether to buy this product, please take in account of my experience and save your money and Do Not buy TCP.  It works like it says, but it's not reliable and it will break on you. 
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 8:25pm
TCP Stinks! Do NOT Buy!!
balenciagababe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balenciagababe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 10:16pm

i feel your pain! the same exact thing happened to me! at first i was like, hey, this thing is really good, it's totally worth the $120! but then it BROKE DOWN!!! i was soo mad. but now i'm either going to get a chi or sedu, which are both probably much better anyway. i should've never wasted my money on the true ceramic piece of crap!

its so good that you're warning people, though.

DO NOT BUY TRUE CERAMIC PRO (TCP)!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic