Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skin tone vs hair color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yoshiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skin tone vs hair color
    Posted: October 19 2005 at 7:07pm

Can anyone help me in general what are good hair colors for asian skin color.  I know light skinned asians match well with brown hair dye. But what about mild tan and dark skin?

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 3:58pm

For some reason I keep thinking, "the darker the Asian skin then the better the person can get away with dark dye" but that's probably based on personal preference, rather than a general rule. Have you tried doing cut and paste with magazines? You can try cutting out different colors of hair from magazines and setting them over a picture of yourself, to "simulate" the result.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 12:45pm
red suits well with tan and dark skin
ARGHH
lilmizzsexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmizzsexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 9:35pm
before you change your locks' looks i strongly suggest flipping through the spring issue of F18 and check out pg 55...

red looks best on: pale, peachy complexions with light brown, blue, or green eyes.  if you have any freckles, red tones are a given for you.

blond looks best on: fair to medium skin tones, with eyes ranging in colour from hazel to baby blue.

brown looks best on: medium and darker complexions, with deep blue or smouldering espresso eyes..note that these advice are directly from F18: Spring 2006 (page 55).

ofcourse these are just recommendations but it would really, and i mean really, fry your hair if your are a very dark brunette and then decided to bleach it to wheat blond ... it probably wouldn't look all that flattering either.  in my opinion i wouldnt go with red or purples because a lot of indians use them and im like really pale but that all depends on your skin tone...hope i've helped you decipher which colour you might consider.

happy colouring!
you know you love me *mwa*
angl96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angl96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 10:35am
Basicaly anything you like personaly should only matter.

For me I am mexican/filipino I have olive skin darker if I lay out. I have level 3 dark brown hair in I have dyed it reddish brown.

But now I have blonde highlights. about a level 10 pale blonde mixed with my dark base. Does it look natural?! hmm no but everyone who dyes or bleach their dark hair you could tell its colored and or bleached  Tongue

Rule of thumb or they say if you want (sunkissed) highlights lighten your hair only about 2 to 3 shades lighter.

But like I said before its just a matter of prefrence. Magazines are good to flip through so you can bring it in to your colorist to give them and idea what shade you want your dark hair. good luck!

Here is a website about color hair with skintones again these are just suggestions go with what you persoanly like

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 9:54pm
ok from my latest information that i have gotten. asians depending on your skin tone can look good in warm or cool colours.
i am guessing you have olive skin since it tans easily and you have dark brown eyes. this means your best choice in hair colour are those of ash shades. i am serious, ash shades will make you shades brighter and healthy looking. this means browns, ash browns, ash blondes, white, black. Other cool colour include irredescant shades like purple or blue black. you can even go crazy with purple or bright red because it suits the skin.
if you choose warm colours like golden, or warm reds you will look dark and sick looking.
but then this is all about preferences. asians in asia prefer to be fair, the fairer the better. that is why we have so many skin lightening products here.

so go ash brown girl. oh yes if you do it at home brown hair will never dye most black asian hair. trust me i tried a 3.0 dark brown and 4.0 medium brown, the results were the same, black hair with warm tint under the sun. my friend who is a stylist recomends that you add 1 tablespoon of bleach in your haircolor mix to bleach and dye your hair at the same time.

ARGHH
peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 1:32pm
dark or tan asian skin dont do a bronx colour.........try streaks or highlights in burgundy or near burgundy.
pr.
magsandramsandr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magsandramsandr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 2:18am
Confusedi would like to colour my hair brown but i dun like the red tone brown.what is the best brown colour u suggest for my tan skin.im not that very tan,just slightly tan

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2007 at 7:29pm
Use ash brown to dye your hair. Ash brown is a cool shade meaning it will not have any red tones in it. Also is you use ash brown on bleached hair, it will turn into netural brown because the ash will neutralize the orange and red from bleached black hair.
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic