Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X’tenso and home perming/straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nicky33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X’tenso and home perming/straightening
    Posted: October 25 2005 at 12:47pm

Hi

Could you give me information on how Xtenso should be applied? I had my hair relaxed in May of this year with Xtenso and it was very good.  The sylist applied it and pulled the solution through my hair in sections as it took effect.  I had it done again last week and a different stylist  applied it, she just combed it thru and left it.  I dont feel that it has had the same effect.

Could hair perming solution found at the local chemist still do the same job as xtenso if applied int he same way?

Thank you.

Nicky

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 7:56pm

Oh! no no no no. Even though the principle is the same, they are different products, designed to do different things. X-tenso is an excellent product. Stick with it. Perming solution will never give you the softness, shine, and humidity resistance that X-tenso will. Plus it makes your hair more prone to breakage (perming solution that is). Wait until it is time to re-do your roots and just have your original stilyst do it. If you want to do it yourself (which I don't recommend) you can purchase the product on Ebay. There is a seller that carries it, and has complete instructions on how to apply it. Remember that the product should never touch the scalp (that is why is better to have it done by a professional). Follow directions carefully. Again I recommend just going back to the original stilyst and getting done. Your hair is your most important accesory. It is worth the expense.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic