Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It’s been only 4 weeks...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WomanlyCharm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WomanlyCharm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It’s been only 4 weeks...
    Posted: October 25 2005 at 9:43pm

since my last relaxer, and my hair is going crazy!  It's shedding like you wouldn't believe, and I don't know what else I can do besides go back and get relaxed as soon as possible. But I was really trying to stretch it out...

Tonight I prepooed with EVOO, Suave and Surge mixed for an hour, washed with diluted keracare hydrating/detangling shampoo, then deep conditioned with Hollywood carrot chol. and Suave Humectant.  Rinsed with cool water, and tried to use a wide tooth comb...my hair still tangled and shed like a nightmare. 

What did I do wrong????  I'm about ready to just give up.   

The Lord is my light and my salvation...whom shall I fear?
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 7:12pm

i am so confused about the whole shedding when
u stretch relaxers,, how could tht make ur hair shed,,
does not relaxing it every 4 weeks damage the
roots??? are u sure it isnt breaking from the dryness
where the two textures meet .... anyway if its
sheddding for real then something is the matter with
ur follicles and i dont know whether thats the result
of a relaxer... i have read other ppl talk about this
shedding,, but i just cannot conjure a reason why
leaving ur hair without chemicals would make it fall
out ,, if ur hair does not benefit from stretching then
go ahead and RELAX ,, i know i would,, ur hair will be
stronger that way...
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WomanlyCharm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 7:25pm

You're probably right, I should just go ahead and get a relaxer now, but I really wanted to wait.

As a last resort, I'm thinking of doing an Aphogee treatment...I've read that helps stop shedding.

The only good thing about my head right now is my scalp doesn't itch, my hair is not dry, and I can definately tell it's longer...the new growth has taken over!!!

QueenLinda83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenLinda83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 11:27pm

Womanly, you should try and do the Aphoogee treatment, but please remember to moisturize intensivley afterwards. Aphogee is very strong!  You should try to wait a little longer between relaxers, may your problem will lessen. 

As for the shedding, I've heard garlic shampoos (unscented please) work well to curb it.  Are you sure it's not breakage?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WomanlyCharm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 9:24am

Thanks for the reminder, Queen...I didn't even think about moisturizing afterwards, I probably would have ended up bald, lol.  I'm sure it's shedding...I have hair past my shoulders, and the strands coming out are long, with the twisty bulb at the end. 

I've never used a garlic shampoo, I know Queen Helene has one, I'll pick some up today. Great advice, girls, I'll let you know what happens!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WomanlyCharm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 3:30pm
Used the Aphogee...my hair has finally stopped shedding!!!
And I made sure to dc with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards (thanks again queen), and it came out great. My hair is soft and smooth, and I can barely tell I have so much new growth.  I'm gonna try and stretch at least two more weeks, I know in the end it will be better for my hair and scalp.  Wish me luck! 
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 9:49pm

yay!! good for u girl,, im considering the aphogee
now its between the Emergencee by Nexxus or the
Aphogee... but im in need of a recon,, my ends are
killing me and im terrified that ill lose length,, well not
terrified but almost,,, lol anyhoo ill update this
weekend......
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic