Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairagami Kit - any good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Olga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairagami Kit - any good?
    Posted: October 26 2005 at 6:16am

Hello all! I'm a newbie, so please treat me gently :-)

I desperately need your advice: earlier this year I barely restrained myself from buying Hairagami after reading mostly negative customers' reviews online. My hair is quite long (down 3/4 of my back), thick and slippery, and I'm hopelessly bad in arranging any do that is more complicated than a ponytail (oh for additional pair of hands or eyes at the back of my head… :-( ). So, here's my big question to the wonderful long-haired community here: would you recommend me to buy a Hairagami kit (the one with 20 or 15 items)? It looks quite nice on telly, but will it be compatible with my low hair-arranging skills/absence of second pair of hands, what do you think?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 7:03am
I'd say practice!  Practice a lot and you will get better at doing things with your hair.  Even if you only practice one or two styles, you will get very good at those 2 styles and be able to do them very quickly. 

I do not own a hairigami, and am not familiar with the kit, but I know a person on another forum who loves it.  I suppose its something that may require practice also.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 7:16am

Hi Olga and welcome .

I have the Hairagami kit, but my hair is not really long enough yet to use it.  I am quite good at upstyles though, and just bought the kit for some variety.  From what I understand, it seems to work best on ppl with straighter hair, so it should suit you well.

I agree with Susan, you will need to practice.  Arranging your hair is one of those skills that just develops over time.  How are you at braiding?  There are some good braiding pages on the net with pictures.  That would be a good style for someone with "slippery" hair

Good luck!!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Olga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 9:02am

Ta muchly for advices, Susan and Missrini . I wear braided type of 'do's for big events - have it done by a pro. Though I might try to take a risk and do it myself - so I can go as a Crow's-Nest to the Halloween party .

Still keep wondering about Hairagami Kit being worth buying (those TV sales have such a bad reputation, so I'm trying to be practical). Susan dear, could you *please* ask that friend of yours if her Hairagami kit is easy to use - I'm afraid that it's items will end up flying across the room with me stomping, cursing and yelling . So "simplicity" and "practicality" are wanted from the kit. Does your friend use a video guide? Sadly, here they sell it with booklet, not video - will the booklet be sufficient for a clueless beginner?

Thank you, help much appreciated

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 9:23am
I have one of the Hairagami items-the bun thing. They make updos easier but they are not the easiest thing in the world to do at first-practice needed! However, they are very good once you've got the hang of them.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic