Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

people treat you differently now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
francesgrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesgrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 12:42am
If my hair has a lot of darkish brown in it I'd be getting a result more like reddish brown than bright red anyway, wouldn't I?

Is there a way to strip henna if you have a disaster?

Thanks  a ton,

Fran
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 4:04am

Yes Fran, that is correct.  Your result would be more subtle than if you had lighter hair.  You would still have some gorgeous flame red highlights when your hair is in sunlight though

I don't know of anyway to strip henna that would not damage your hair.  You could bleach it out and re-colour over the top if you really wanted to....but then it'd be pretty brutal!  If you were not happy with the colour, it would be far better to do another application using different ingredients in your mix.  You can apply henna as often as you want without causing damage.   This is great news if you are trying to achieve a certain colour and need to experiment a little.

Good luck!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
francesgrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesgrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 10:49am
Thanks a ton for all your help! I bought a $1 sample of body art henna to try on some collected hair.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 12:01pm

On topic (not that henna isn't fascinating...no really

I've never had short hair, so I can't do a then/now comparisson, but now I'm older, and most people who had long hair when they were younger have cut it, I get more of my school friends saying how lovely it is when they see my hair which is nice.

As far as men go...I don't have a boyfriend so it can't work that well lol.  I normally get the "wow your hair is long" from them, and that's it.  But then, I'm fond of wearing tight red shirts and low cut tops so I should be glad I'm not attracting men as they would be the wrong kind!

It would be nice to be noticed for my hair, but it's usually an after-notice, not attention seeking.

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 4:58pm
Sorry about going off topic

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 8:54pm
<hijack>

1) Happy belated birthday, Rini!

2) You're quite an accomplished writer, Fran!

</hijack>

On topic... People who admire long hair are very expressive and complimentary of it...   Most others refrain from comment... most.

Edited by DaveDecker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic