Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lumineers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lumineers
    Posted: November 06 2005 at 11:45pm
Hi.
I'd like to get Lumineers. Can anyone provide a price estimate for these? Also, if you've had them done, please let me know how your experience was.
 Thank You,
    Jessica

Edited by Yoda
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 5:22am
They fit the front of the tooth to hide any imperfections. Lumineers are an alternative to a crown, which goes over the whole tooth. My dentist told me they are about the same price as a crown and not covered by insurance. Lumineers are thin like a contact lense. I have not had any done yet, just crowns, but I have one tooth that I will be getting a lumineer suggested by my dentist. Good luck!
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 4:57pm
Wow...not covered by insurable. Ouch.
Thanks for the info, Elvira! Good luck to you too!

Anyone know the cost of having your teeth whitened?

Edited by Yoda
tbctbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbctbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 1:56am

I got veneers from my regular dentist 3 years ago...

my real teeth were filed down, then molds were taken and were sent off to a lab, and then the place that they sent them off to did the veneers, and sent them back to be installed on my teeth (for veneers, your teeth have to be filed down, for lumineers, I think its for people who have pretty perfect teeth anyways, thats why your teeth dont need to be filed)...

This is my smile now (I dont have any before pics really cause I always smiled with my mouth closed:))...

they are a tiny bit "off" - tilted - it looks a lot better in person than in the picture...

but its hard to even describe how bad my real teeth are...the front two are actually like this...          ; ;    /\            and then the others on one side are almost straight, and on the other side the one directly to the side of my front tooth is sticking out (like a buck tooth - it was filed down a lot to look right, its also higher on the gumline, which is why it looks lopsided in the pic), and then the next tooth is really far in (the canine tooth)...

I have 5 veeners, the front four and then that one canine on the side that was too far in...they are really white and stay white too...I'm eventually going to get one more for the canine on the other side to even everything out more, but I'm in no rush on that one...

I recommend them to anyone, I get so many complements on my teeth, but before the veneers (actually, before the veneers, I had cheap bonding, but before that) I was so ashamed of my smile...but too vain for braces...

Oh, they were about $550 each (from a regular dentist)...and since I only got 5, it was less than $3000...the dentist let me put it on a layaway plan, and I paid it off with no interest within a year...a very good (as far as for the self confidence) investment...

Edited by tbctbc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic