Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tca peel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tca peel
    Posted: November 18 2005 at 12:37am

i've been using glycolic peels on my scars at 40%...from platinum skincare..it's not like the in-clinic strength glycolics..home peels are made to be a lot weaker..sometimes i would glycolic peel twice a week..at first, it was great!  then after the scars began to fade, nothing...for the first year, i only did the glycolics once a week - if that..then increased the usage after reading the instructions..twice a week,.nothing..then i kind of gave up. switched to glycolics plus microdermabrasion..nothing much, so after a few months, i gave it up altogether..

someone said glycolics aren't really made for scarring on ethnic skin .  i wasn't putting this on my face over all, twice a week - just on the scars per instruction.  still nothing..

someone told me about the tca peels on the site..i just did my first one...on the first day, i saw no difference..then after 3 days, the scars really are peeling..i know it's going to be a long road because these scars are deep..but i'll say this, after one week,the scars are still peeling..this just might work.

you can only use this every 3 -4 weeks on the scars..it's supposed to be pretty powerful.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 9:33am
Where did you get this peel? Can I buy it over the internet?
I've also been looking for home peels, but there are so many out there..
I have also tried most things and they work slowly, but some of them have worked - like mother of pearl.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 1:14am

go to platinumskincare.com..they have all types of home peels..i thought MD forte would catch on, and start producing them, but they just manufacture products for in-clinic peels.

if you have questions, they have a 1800 # as well.  when i first started out with the glycolics, she was very knowledgeable..but at the time they didn't have a product line for ethnic skin scarring.  this was 3 or 4 years ago..it's just recently that i saw someone else discussing TCA on another forum.

one woman wasn't too thrilled with her tca peel results (asian skin), whereas another one was very happy with hers (italian/polynesian skin)..Me, i'm kind of in the middle of the road with my results...i'm not expecting too much...(i have black indian/cajun background)...

so...platinumskincare.com..and good luck!

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 11:40am
Thanks, I'll check it out! Im very pale and have sensitive skin, do you still think I can use this product? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 10:18pm

i think you'd should call the 1 800 number first..they might night recommend the  tca....might be their glycolic peel which a few folks have raved about on another forum..

they might also have a FAQ (frequently asked questions) link on their site as well...check it out, and ask them...they have wonderful customer service!

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 5:25am
Hi there!

I was wondering if you got the tca combo kit or just the acid? And did you get the 12.5% or the 20% acid peel?

I have been looking at that homepage before but i was thinking about the glycolic acid and peels, the kit. But perhaps 50-60%. I have mailed them in the past and sent pics and she recommended the glycolic kit with 50%-60% peel.
I have also been to a dermatoligist and had peels and laser treatments but the results are not that amasing.
You would expect good results if you think about how much money it costs...

Edited by Vicky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 11:48pm

hey again!  at first, i started out using the 10% peel..it worked really well to an extent..this was the glycolics...then after about a year or two, it was recommended  by platinum that i would "step up" the peel in order to deal with the acne scars...I was sent a glycolic that increases with intensity depending on how long you keep it on.

something like 5 minutes = 10%, 10 minutes = 30 -40% 15 minutes = 50 - 60%...i only did 40%, that was about 10 minutes. 

I went to another forum asking about glycolic peels..most of the women are using the tca... pretty powerful stuff...one woman said her skin was "coming off in sheets", whereas another person said she didn't see much on the results.

I have to admit, i'm seeing results..i am only doing this with the scarred areas..i skipped the 12.5% and went straight to the 16%..but am very careful...you only have 3 to 5 minutes with this on your skin..it's not a good idea to go over..plus, you shouldn't do no more than three layers according to the instructions..i figured this was my last hooplah!  I've heard of people going to derms for acne, and am receiving mixed reviews..

i was seeing an esthetician, and really, when it comes to ethnic skin, they probably know about as much as a derm.  She was too conservative and kept me on glycolics @ 6% for about a year or two..once a month...i was seeing no results, except my wallet becoming thinner.  At least she was honest enough to tell me that she had no idea how to treat the scars..

I interviewed a few derms, same results...most of them have no idea how to deal with scars on ethnic skin..i'm an indian/cajun mix...thus, i have bronizish skin...Since i've been using the platinum skin care products, i feel that i won't have skin like Halle Berry's, but at least i feel as if i'm doing something.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic