Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair breakage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
miss kiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss kiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 1:02am
u ladies r very informative and very helpful to each other... sexysyn, i am glad u found an oil that is working out for u! to help prevent further breakage ask your stylist to alternate where she starts your retouch at relaxer time and wherever u have breakage, let that be the last area to be relaxed because u don't want that area to worsen. u will also notice that your hair will began to thicken up in those spots... good luck girl!!!
master hair stylist
miss kiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss kiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 1:12am

u ladies are very informative and helpful to one another...sexysyn, i am glad u found an oil that is working out for u! another way u can prevent any further damage, is to have your stylist alernate where she starts your relaxer at retouch time. also, have her relax the area(s) that is damaged last... u will notice that area to start to thicken... also, i suggest u have your ends trimmed  at relaxer time...its a good way to maintain healthy hair...good luck girl!!!

master hair stylist
SexySyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 10:36am
Thanks so much for the suggestion.   I will definitely do that.
justrelaxing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justrelaxing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 10:23pm
wear can i find this virgin coconut oil please hurry up and tell me i cant wait to try this also is it good for relaxed hair? thanks ladiescheer
a bible that is falling apart, belongs to someone who is not
synthia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by justrelaxing justrelaxing wrote:

wear can i find this virgin coconut oil please hurry up and tell me i cant wait to try this also is it good for relaxed hair? thanks ladiescheer

I got mine from here:
http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/
KingBlaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:36am

as soon as my hair got its longest it started breaking a bit and got less thick. how do i bring it back? im thinkin bout cuttin it cus its a hassle.

braided up
myspace.com/thekingblaze
SexySyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 5:41pm
I know exactly what you mean.  I had sewn in weave in for a year. It grew nicely, I made sure to condition and moisturize and everything else. 

Then took out the weave, re touch the new growth, it was nice and full.  Then it starting breaking every four weeks when the new growth comes in.  Now it's thinner on the left side then on the right. 

It's driving me crazy, but my hairdresser tells me to deep condition, just keep conditioning it and it will thicken back. 

I am trying but I don't know what else to do.
kathyblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 5:37pm
You just got to get used to tying your hair at night dont give up. I have a satin pillow case, I sleep with a doo rag and I put on my baker's cap LOL!
The point is dont let that get your hair ruined. Also try braiding your hair at night, sleeping on cotton pillow cases should make your hair break excessively. Deep condition every week, and put a light coating of oils on your hair at night.

MY mother bids me bind my hair
With bands of rosy hue,
Tie up my sleeves with ribbons rare,
And lace my bodice blue.

http://public.fotki.com/kathyblack/
SexySyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 8:51pm
Two out of three isn't bad. I do tie my hair every night with either a satin headtie or doo rag.  I don't braid my hair before bed, but I would wrap it.  I have also been using various oils.  I noticed that coconut has stopped my breakage, but I don't want to put on too much becuase the hair looks really greasy. 

I co wash in the middle of the week and then the entire EVOO ( go under hairdryer for 10 mins), shampoo, deep condition and roller set on the weekends.

I have noticed a great improvement with roller setting my hair versus blow drying, the texture is much softer and it retains more moisture.  I don't blow dry anymore.  If I feel lazy, i will pull my hair back into a ponytail and allow it to air dry, but the combing during wet isn't good for hair, I just roller set, dry and then wrap to get it nice and straight.

Edited by SexySyn - September 02 2007 at 8:54pm
SexySyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 9:01pm
I never thought of that.  The thin side of my hair is my left side and the breakage spot is at the crown more to the left side.  I would do that next time.  Have her start retouching on the right side and leaving the left for last.  Thanks for the tip.

I have been using Organic Root Stimulator, Hair Mayonnaise when deep conditioning, it worked for me before.  Actually I use several conditioners at the same time.  Organic Root stimulator Olive oil conditioner, Dominican conditioner made of avocados, Vitale Reconstructor, and a few others that I just dump on all together. LOL

And I massage a blend of coconut oil, castor oil, peppermint oil, rosemary, sage and vitamin e oil into my scalp every night before wrappping it.  I have read that peppermint, rosemary and sage oil aids in healthy hair growth and stimulates your scalp.  I also read cinnamon oil helps with breakage, but I have tied it yet.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic