Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yellow bohyme, yuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yellow bohyme, yuck
    Posted: November 21 2005 at 12:32pm
I got my Bohyme in today, it is disgustingly yellow.   I ordered color 16, but when I used the color ring to find a close match to my current hair, it was in no way this yellow.   This batch is either mis-labeled or there was a coloring mistake.  I'm going to compare it with my color ring when I get home to see what it's close to, but I know the color 16 on my color ring is not yellow like this hair that is supposed to be color 16. 
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 1:03pm

This is the colour 16 I got from Ebonyline chick xx

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 1:04pm

Where did you buy it from? Ebonyline?

Authentic Bohyme #16 will match the Bohyme color ring exactly and it should look like this:

It's not yellow at all- almost a medium ash blonde.

Edited by CaliforniaKristin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 1:56pm

I think Bird got her hair from Ebonyline and that picture I posted is bohyme from Ebonyline in colour 16, bought and installed about a year ago x

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 1:57pm
Oh and I found it rather golden then not ashy at all but definitely not yellow, maybe the colours have changed slightly in a year x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 3:38pm

That install above looks wonderful.

I guess the #16 might have a slight golden tinge but I agree that it shouldn't be anywhere close to yellow. Do you think you may have been shipped color #27? That is the color I refer as a very golden color.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 3:43pm
Yeah, I got it from Ebonyline.   The color ring I got from Kristin (yourhairshop.com) shows 16 as an ashy blonde, but this weft of hair I got from Ebonyline is NOT the same ashy blonde as the color ring.  Yellow or golden, it's not what I ordered.  If 16 was yellow a year ago, and has since changed, then Ebonyline shouldn't be selling me outdated colors of hair.  Or at least they should have clarified that they were selling the "Old shade of 16".  This hair does not match mine AT ALL, not to mention that to me it looks horrible!  I'd never want my hair this color, but now I don't have time to send it back, wait for a refund, purchase hair elsewhere, and wait for shipping on that.  I'll have to actually wear this ugly mess, and it won't even match so it's going to be obvious that I'm wearing extensions.  Sorry if I sound hostile, but I definitely, definitely am. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 5:58pm

Awe, BOE I'm so sorry to hear that  

I've been using Bohyme for about 4 years and I bought my first color ring about 18 months ago. Even the Bohyme color rings I just stocked match my old ring exactly. I think it may have been mislabeled, it really sounds like it's #27. Ebonyline should have noticed this before shipping and either shipped you a different package of the proper #16 or warned you of the different shade. It's the first time I've heard of Bohyme colors not being exact and I'm really sorry it happened to you. I hope your install goes well.

~Kristin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 8:05pm
Thanks Kristin. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 3:59am
I'd be fuming too Bird.  I'd still e-mail them and see if they can offer you something in return next time you order from them.  I'd take a photo of the colour 16 on your colour ring and place a piece of the hair at the side and e-mail that to them to show them the difference.  I'm a bit confused as to what colour this yellow hair is, I've just looked at my ebonyline colour ring and I can't find anything that looks like yellow, that's terrible, I'd be p****d x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic