Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair is growing! (picture)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 3:14am

SpecialKitty...we have similar hair? Yay!! I want to see a pic of your hair now! It's always so great to meet ppl with similar hair

Ladyfrog, the reaction that your hair got was totally understandable...it is awesomely long and shiny. Mine however, short(ish) and woolly....well..hmm....go figure   But hey, I'm not complaining! The support is wonderful when you're not liking your hair so much.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 5:42am
lol I definitely agree! I think everyone goes through phases of not liking their hair. It's much easier to see the good points about someonelses hair. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 3:31pm

Aren't you ever worried that length might pull out your curl?

Although I guess that all depends on just how long you plan to go.

My hair had potential for curl up until about 2 years ago.  It's almost hopeless to even try now. 

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by letmecount123 letmecount123 wrote:

My hair had potential for curl up until about 2 years ago.  It's almost hopeless to even try now.

Anais has detailed instructions on sock curling in her "Medusa's Lair"

Braid damp hair, wait until crispy dry (like, a day) -- and you'll have braid waves.  Works for me (and that's not even my intent).

Rini, I can definitely tell that your hair has grown!  And looking good, too... Yay! 
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 5:10pm

I do braid waves all the time, but sometimes it's hard to get them to come out nicely when my hair fuzzes in the braids.

Natural curl was nice at one point, that's all.  But *sigh* sacrifices must be made for the purpose of long hair.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:40pm

Holly, I have strange hair because as it gets longer, it gets much curlier!!  In fact, when shorter, I'd say it's more "wavy" than "curly". Look at the pic on the left in my sig (when my hair was longer) and you can see what I mean!  I am not quite sure if I am looking forward to the increased curl though....could be tricky with really long hair.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:58pm
Miss Rini, sorry for the late reply....I will try to get a few pics soon and post them. It will be fun to compare notes with you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic