Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question..
    Posted: November 25 2005 at 12:52pm
Whats the deal on ceramic straightening irons?  Are they really better than just regular ones?  Less damaging or the same??  Thanks
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 2:50pm

Hey amber, I started off with a flat iron that wasn’t ceramic, it was metal. Not only did I find that the metal plates did more damage to my hair but it took FOREVER to straighten. And because I didn’t know any better at the time I thought it was doing a rather god job until I got my new ceramic flat iron. What a difference it made, it cut back on a lot of time and the results were so much better.

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 9:24pm
Well, I got a new one...its cheap... by Conair...but it has the ceramic plates and heat settings...which is def better than my old one.  The one thing I find about the ceramic ones is that they seem harder to slip through my hair which makes me feel like it might pull my hair and damage it.  Did you notice this??
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 1:06pm

From what I know of pottery at least, ceramic heats more evenly than metal. You might also want to ask the Straight hair board because they probably have more ironing experience than longhairs do  

Good to see ya!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic