Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wow...I can actually see the difference..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wow...I can actually see the difference..
    Posted: November 27 2005 at 10:44pm

Ladies, I'm excited to say the least! I've been on this personal hair growth journey almost a year now. March 2006 will be my "hair anniversary". Anyway, I'd almost given up on seeing any progress and kinda slacked off on doing anything to my hair. I'd gotten so discouraged w/ the bun it wasn't even funny! The last few weeks of my stretch I didn't even comb my hair. I know I stated previously that I wouldn't try to stretch again, but I went 16wks this time (mainly out of sheer laziness in having anything to do w/ hair!)  And it wasn't as bad this go around---not a lot of breakage or shedding  Well, I relaxed this weekend and applied a color rinse (China Moon-lt. brownish color)and did a small trim. I must say I am VERY surprised and elated at the growth! My hair also seems healthier and to have thicken up some during this journey. I'm about 3-4 inches away from armpit and am shooting to make that somewhere around March/April next year! Hopefully, all goes well w/ no setbacks and I can reach my goal. From there I will try to maintain that length and focus more on health and maintenance. Wish me luck, ladies.... I need it to stay focused and on track!! 

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 10:05am
Congradulations on all of your progress, Browneyes. Keep up the great work.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
afrolatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 10:36am

That's great!  Keep it up.

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 12:22pm
good job!keep up the good work!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 12:34pm

Ahhh...thanks guys!

@ carameldiva .... special thanks to you! You (among others) have played a huge part in my progress! Since I've joined this board I've eaten your hair advice and suggestions up like candy!! ... to you always being so helpful!

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 2:03pm
Congrats! I'm glad you are seeing so much progress. Have any pics?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 6:33pm

Congratulations! Sounds like your hair is doing well. I’m trying to grow my hair as well my goal is to get it to my hips buts it’s hard to have patience isn’t it. Sounds like your closer to reaching your goal good luck

cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 7:51pm

Go Browneyez!! its nice to find a pleasant
surprise after u were discouraged,,i hope u can
reach ur goal,, i , in the past 5 months since i joined
have noticed a dramatic increase in myhair health
and length as well,, im extremely glad i ever
dicovered hairboutique,, i think that with support and
commitment to ur hair u can reach ur goal and
surpass it,,, good luck
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 12:45am
Awwww ty so much Browneyes , I am very glad that i could be of assistance and i consider all of you ladies to be good friends.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:36am
That's great Browneyez!  I wish your good luck with your future progress.  It sounds like you have been doing a really great job with your hair.  I know it gets frustrating at times but it is so worth it in the end!  Healthy hair growing!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 4:09pm

Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Congrats! I'm glad you are seeing so much progress. Have any pics?

Awww.. thanks cmesweet!  As one of the "vets" of the board, you've also been very helpful w/ advice from the beginning!  As for pics, I haven't taken any yet. I just track my growth w/ the good old tape measure/t-shirt markings. I plan to use my hubby's camera phone to take some soon (need a digital-I have an old skool cell-no camera) and try to get them posted. I need to do that to track my progress anyway.

Edited by BrownEyez2
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic