Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair
    Posted: November 29 2005 at 6:35pm

Does anyone know of a quick updo for fine hair?

Thanks guys.

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 6:38am
Layers will make updos more difficult because you'll have more short pieces to stick out of it.  How long is your hair and what kind of updo did you have in mind?  Bun?  Twist? 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 8:31am

Hi there. thanksfor the info. I'm after a twist.

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 10:55am
See my webpage on how to do a french twist with hair slighter longer than shoulder length.
http://www.geocities.com/thespookstress/frenchtwist.html

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 11:53am

Ya know some people have such wicked ways about them, they shouldn't even be called humans. Other like you just bend over backwards to help. Wish I knew all these answers on hair years ago.I'm so grateful for your help. Can I bother you with one more question. How do you cut into the top of your hair. Do you do it in sections. If so do you cut in to the same place in each section? Or skip around. I don't know how to hold the hair either. My aunt used to do mine, and it looked gorgeous after. Some hair dressers are very selfish. They won't share anything. The way one explained it to me, it looked ridiculous afterwards. I wanted to bury my head. But now it has come back from the grave and looking pretty nice. Just want the top shorter in layers, along with new ways of wearing it. I love playing with hair. Tons of fun. Just a little harder to do some things on yourself. That's when you run into a hazzard. Appreciate any help I can grab on to. Your a peach.

Sunduster

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 2:15pm

Thanks for such were instructed directions on making a twist. Pictures surely help. Great job. Sometimes hair can become very frustrating. Especially on the days it just becomes, a complecated mess. One side cooperates, the other doesn't. I'm sure we've all had these.

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 6:56am
I always started in the front and held the hair out from my head, between my fingers in vertical rows, (picture a section of hair, say, a half inch to an inch wide, and in a long row from top down). Cut upwards.  This avoids you having any straight-across lines on the top layer (be careful not to go too close to the head while doing this or it will be too short).  Then go to the next section behind that one and do the same.  Be careful also to cut each section of hair the same length so it will not look patchy. If your hair is longer than shoulder length, cut the lower parts so they're longer so that it goes gradually to the ends, and you don't end up with too short on top and disproportionately longer on the bottom layers.

Let me say that any time you start cutting big chunks out of your hair, there's a chance you may mess it up...you may also be very choosy about how you hair looks since you didn't like anything most hairdressers did to it and I worry you will not be happy afterwards, so PLEASE be careful and take your time - and if you feel its starting to look not so good, put down the scissors and let a pro finish the job before it gets too short.  You can always try again next time!  Also please realize that layers are a complicated cut, and if this is the first time you're cutting your hair, it may not be the best first thing to do.

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 8:54am

Thanx Susan your a sweetheart. I will be careful as ordered. Don't want any gaps in my head. You have been extremely helpful. Another wonderful and very helpful person. Do appreciate this. Some people are a sen of a sea bone, while others relish the idea of helping. When ever I go to a hairdresser I take a gamble with my hair. They want to give me what they want, not what I have requested. Hate it every time. My aunt knew what looked good on me with my face. I feel I have to pay enough for a haircut. I don't want to have to bury my head after. Merciful.

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 10:32am

Hello guys. Have an update. Sugar Water hair spray will work. It isn't one I'd go out and buy, but it's good enough otherwise. It is wet when you spray it on. Do  have to waite a few minutes for the drying period. Don't need much. I just do a light mist over my head. Now as for holding an updo, haven't tackled that one yet. Was also told last night at the club oranges work good as a hair spray also. My creative juices are now flowing to try that one. But remember do not touch your hair for about 10 minutes after you spray it on. Waite until it dries. It will hold. Mine does. Feels a little strange, but it works. Good enough for home use anyway. Especially when you need it daily, like I do. Wish I knew how to thicken hair. Then I could toss out the sprays. My mom and sister got some nice locks. Me I got left overs. I am a very helpful person  as well. I like putting smiles on peoples faces. 

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 11:32am

Hey guys. Just got back.  Scouped up that recipe from Jane for homemade hairspray. She said chop an orange in four pieces, for dry hair now.Then put in a pot with 2 cups of water. Boil and reduce to half. Strain and cool next. Now put it a spritzer bottle, with one ounce rubbing alcohol. Does not need refrigeration, and can use up to two weeks. If too tacky add more water. This one I am trying. she likes it. Jane also mentioned you could use vodka. That's o.k.  Now wine that's a different story.

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 1:28pm

Sorry guys. I meant to post this earlier for the gal with the frizzies. Just switch to a satin pillow case and frizzies will disappear. Good luck.

Sunduster

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 11:18pm

Does anyone know, if sugar water hair spray will hold up in Colorado, where there is a lot of dampness and snow? Like to go out in the winter time. So need something that will hold up. We're planning on moving there next year.

Thanx

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 6:55am

I'm afraid not everyone frequents the Introductions board that often, (though I see you did get lots of views, so maybe many did see it) I'd hate for people to miss your orange hair spray recipe - you may want to post it on one of the other forums too. 

The alcohol added to it may make it less "hair safe" (probably only important for those who want to grow their hair very long), but I bet it does help it dry faster than the sugar.  Thanks for sharing with us!

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 8:12am

Hi Susan. the alcohol is like a preservative. It allows you to keep it unrefrigerated up to two weeks.

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 7:36am
Oh!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic