Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

want it, but can I get it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jillisme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jillisme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want it, but can I get it?
    Posted: November 30 2005 at 7:51pm
Hey.  Right now I have hair that, when straight, just reaches my shoulders.  It's been awhile since it was last cut, and I usually have it about to my chin.  I'm really curious about short hair and have wanted to try it out for awhile now, but I'm afraid i don't have the right face or body for it.  I have a heart-shaped face and a curvy body.  Is there something fun and funky (not too outrageous) and a bit on the short side that would work well with me?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:33am

I also have a heart-shaped face, and I have a "Rubenesque" shape (code for "fat :-P ), but I've worn all sorts of short styles.  Don't worry if you don't have the "ideal" face or body type.  What's "ideal", anyway?  Beauty is all subjective.  *shrugs*  Do what makes you happy.

More awesome than a manatee!
Jillisme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jillisme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 8:55am
Yea...I actually don't know why I pay so much attention to what people say certain people can/should do with their hair.  I rebelled against that in high school when I grew my fine/thin hair out past my shoulders.  Then I realized several years later that my personality and lifestyle isn't the long hair type. 

I'm going to the Vidal Sassoon School in London on Tuesday with a friend.  I've decided I'm just going to see what they do and go from there.  Hopefully I can get pics up!
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 3:50pm

Cool! Someone that doesn't care what people say about thier hair.

You rock

loveitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 1:52pm
I'm sure it will be fantastic, Jill.  Best of luck.  Vidal Sasoon is the place to go for such a cut.

loveitshort
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I also have a heart-shaped face, and I have a "Rubenesque" shape (code for "fat :-P ), but I've worn all sorts of short styles.  Don't worry if you don't have the "ideal" face or body type.  What's "ideal", anyway?  Beauty is all subjective.  *shrugs*  Do what makes you happy.

And your new pic:  c'est magnifique!  Lookin' GOOD!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic