Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dragonball or fireball hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sumcooguy611 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumcooguy611 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dragonball or fireball hair
    Posted: December 01 2005 at 12:00am
Im not sure if you guys are familiar with the hairstyle dragonball also known as fireball. Its where you have spikes around your hair.the sides, the top and the back.  picturre of what its sapose to look like. and the spikes are about 4-5 inches long. I tried to do it but it didnt look the same. What should i do? what kind of gel should i use and should i blow dry it first? thanks!
shiawase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiawase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 7:11pm

The product that I always recommend to people is got2b Glued Styling Spiking Glue. You should apply on damp hair, put on the spiking cement and blow dry your hair upside down, meaning bend over and dry it that way while using your other hand to style in the way you want.

sumcooguy611 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumcooguy611 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 1:57am
I had that gel before i wanted to do this hairstyle, and it seemed to me that the gel was killing my hair. my hair got rougher, and i only used it on the tips. Thanks for replying!
shiawase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiawase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 7:19am
^ No problem! Do you condition your hair? If not, it may be one of the reasons why your hair is rougher due to overstress (since your hair has no chance to absorb natural oils) You could also try to use the stuff from Garnier Fructis, like the Fiber Gum hair putty, or Super stiff gel. It depends on how your hair "responds" to the product, got2b works for some people, it did for me. Though Garnier does pride themselves that their products result with healthier hair :P
Scntillatedseed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scntillatedseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 2:15am
Originally posted by shiawase shiawase wrote:

The product that I always recommend to people is got2b Glued Styling Spiking Glue. You should apply on damp hair, put on the spiking cement and blow dry your hair upside down, meaning bend over and dry it that way while using your other hand to style in the way you want.

Doesn't that give too much of a wet look?  Actually I guess everything does.  THat product is difficult ot wash out of your hair though, in fact its waterproof.  You'll have to buy the got2b wash for that as well.  I would think it'd be safe to only use this stuff every other day in your head.  Since shampooing everyday is bad for your hair, and having to do that because of all the product makes it in worse condition doesn't it? 

Edited by Scntillatedseed
huystarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huystarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 10:43pm
I agree with scntillatedseed on the part about shampooing everyday and how difficult it is to wash out, but I don't think it gives much of a wet look if you apply it on slightly damp or dry hair.

sumcooguy, if you want the wet look on your hair, don't blowdry it. Once you get out of the shower, just briefly towel dry your hair and apply some gel on.
SpiderX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpiderX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 1:56am
How would I start off on getting this style?
bowlnoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowlnoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 12:38am
in my opinion that style is just rediculous. it more or less looks like a short afro. besides, what is so hard about this style.

if your hair is that short, its not that difficult for gel to keep it up.
spikey485 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikey485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 4:06pm
USE JOICO ICE SPIKER ITS THE BEST GEL EVER! EVEN THE GOTTIS USE IT(THERE FAMOUS IF YOU DONT KNOW THEM)USE THAT ! AND APPLY IT WHEN YOUR HAIR IS WET! IT MAKES IT LOOK MUCH BETTER
spikey485 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikey485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 3:12pm
and bowlnoodle you are completely WRONG! first of all that style looks fine! second of all when youre hair is very ashort and when it is wet and you are applying gel it is hard to hold up where as if it is lonbger its beetter!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic