Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHAIR SHOW!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chessbum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAIR SHOW!
    Posted: January 13 2005 at 11:43am
MY BARBER WANTS TO PUT ME IN A HAIR SHOW IN ATLANTA.THIS IS WERE BARBERS SHOW OFF THE PRECISION OF THERE CUT TO WIN RESPECT AND MONEY FROM OTHER SPONSERS.DO YOU THINK I SHOULD STAY NATURAL OR PUT A (DUKE)IN MY HAIR TO ACCENT MY WAVES.NOW I DONT BELIEVE IN CHEMICALS BUT I THINK HE CAN WIN?NEED ADVICE FAMILY?IF HE WINS I ALSO GET MY PICTURE ON A 2005 BARBER CALANDER.THX FOR HELP!
We climb together on this site!
Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 11:48am
i say go natural chess....ma sound obserd...but soak ur head wit water and brush, then bush some more...du rag it for a while...you'll be fine....to me nuttin accents better than water
BattsLM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BattsLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 11:50am
I say don't put no chemicals in your hair..
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 11:52am
hmm,, da barber cuts your hair. If the hair show is really legit than they would understand all the barber does is "cut your hair" instead of makiing it looks more define or whatever. Now if the barber had some special pomade or sumthing that he MADE himself and used on his custmers head that made there hair looked nice and kitted, than i wud use his product, but DUKE or w/e kit is not his.
Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

hmm,, da barber cuts your hair. If the hair show is really legit than they would understand all the barber does is "cut your hair" instead of makiing it looks more define or whatever. Now if the barber had some special pomade or sumthing that he MADE himself and used on his custmers head that made there hair looked nice and kitted, than i wud use his product, but DUKE or w/e kit is not his.

u suppose to be in school.....lol
chessbum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:05pm
Yeah the hair show is not until the month of march so i have alil time to train.i was thinking stay nautral but sometimes we want to take short cuts.
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Cardinal Cardinal wrote:

Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

u suppose to be in school.....lol

u just messaged me dat on aim... i jus bmailed u. "naw"
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by chessbum chessbum wrote:

MY BARBER WANTS TO PUT ME IN A HAIR SHOW IN ATLANTA.

The new guy I went to on Tuesday said that he was gonna go. I didn't really pay much attention to the thought of it though.

Depending on how far in the future the show is, try switching to pure shea butter and the long brush. Shea butter on a fresh cut guarantees a win! Good luck!

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:08pm
How would putting a kit in your hair make the barber win. I thought u said they were basing it off the barber's skills not YOUR hair texture.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

chessbum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:09pm
nah twista,the duke was my idea the barber is being judged strictly on the precision and sheen of the cut.i was trying to help my head to cooperate better!
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

How would putting a kit in your hair make the barber win. I thought u said they were basing it off the barber's skills not YOUR hair texture.

Well if your hair looked like this
[crap]
but you had a really good line up I doubt you'd win.

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:12pm
Well if they are really judging by what they say, then it shouldnt matter.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

chessbum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:13pm
cme sweet i thought i would bring attention to the cut.anything with a 360 form gets people att.Now the cut is a basic ceasar csweet something has to help him win.
DiPSeTBoY2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiPSeTBoY2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:13pm
I say stay natural...they look betta and u can tell when they r kitted
chessbum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:22pm
THX FOR ADVICE FAMILY!
whatever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:29pm
HEY,WHAT IS SHEA BUTTER AND IS IT LIKE PINK LOTION?
whatever nigga im still brushin!
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 12:53pm
No, it's nothing like pink oil. It's a natural tree extract that's good for your hair and nails. It's full of Vitamin E and that makes your hair strong.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic