Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sleeping on my CURLZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baja318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baja318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sleeping on my CURLZ
    Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:30pm
About 2 months ago I got my first perm and i must say i love it. My hair falls a little lower than midback and there is ALOT of it. The perm still looks pretty good though.  I take alot of time and product to get it to look the way i want and i mostly air dry it and finish it off with a diffuser after i wash it. The end result is wonderful. But then I find myself in a pickle. I have to lay on my curls to fall asleep (obviously) and when i wake up in the morning my hair has gone to hell! If i dont tie it back before i lay down, it frizzes up and parts of it will straighten out.  If i do tie it back, it still gets really frizzy. DOes anyone have any tips/tricks or know of any products that can keep my curls looking beautiful for when i wake up in the morning? HELP!
Alison elia
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 8:18am
Do you wash your hair in the night? Or are you trying to get 2nd day hair? 
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Baja318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baja318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 11:16am
I usually wash my hair at night but i make sure it is thoroughly dry before i lay on it. but then it all goes haywire anyways. second day perm hair aint too pretty.
Alison elia
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 1:08pm

I don’t really think there is a safe way to sleep on curls without them getting ruined. To sleep you have to put your head down…and when that happens it flattens your curls. Unless you can sleep standing up I don’t really think there is any way you can go to sleep on your curls and wake up in the morning having them all looking the same way they did when you went to sleep.

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 9:31am
You can try doing a pineapple to sleep on. pineapple = gathering hair gently on top of head with a scrunchie to preserve curls for 2nd day hair. Then you can mist your hair in the morning to fix whatever got messed up.

Edited by Layla
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 2:07pm

I think you're turning your head while you're sleeping. If this is the case, then a satin pillowcase might help (from TLC), or doing a Bubbatail when you go to bed. Tying hair back is one thing, but a Bubbatail is more secure. The idea is to use more than one scrunchie, and keep your curls from separating when you sleep. Reasons good curls turn into frizz include: (a) improper combing (b) brushing (c) rubbing vigorously or with enough pressure, or (d) not enough conditioner. Maybe you can add a second conditioner, just a light and cheap one. It would be used after your shampoo, and before your regular conditioner.

Hope this helps
Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 11:12am
ITA with Layla.  Try a pineapple or you can pin all your curls on top of your head with duckbill clips and put a satin bonnet on.  Spritz in the morning to freshen up curls.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic