Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wood ashes? homemade lye?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wood ashes? homemade lye?
    Posted: December 05 2005 at 9:31pm

Lye:The liquid obtained by leaching wood ashes.  From www.dictionary.com

So, does that mean you can go to your fireplace if you have a wood stove and get the ashes? But it only seems to relax a little, and lye is the strongest relaxer, so what do you have to mix it with to make it as effective as a store boughten one? Or is there one in the store that you know of, lye? I know it requires one or two things cuz I left it in there for like an hour with some lotion to hold the ashes, but it didn't break, which means it wasn't working, it needed something else..

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 2:15pm

Oh my... I would only try homemade relaxer if I had short hair that I could cut off if I messed up. However this sounds like an interesting experiment. Let us know what substance turns up.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 5:13pm
Well, it seems to be a better thickener than a straighener, so may try lye on only the waviest parts of the hair, staying away from ends and roots..
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 5:47pm
store boughten lye that is, if I can find some, and not easy straight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic