Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So I went....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jillisme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jillisme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So I went....
    Posted: December 06 2005 at 1:47pm
I went to the Vidal Sassoon School with my friend Nikki, today.  I was hoping they'd do something short and fun with my hair.  They separated me from Nikki and with all the people that had appointments they took us to about 5 different buildings.  The students were Japanese and didn't speak any English--thank goodness for translators!  The instructor had my student take my length up about an inch or so (it's a bit below my chin now, where it was before I left the states for London in September) and had him give me layers for volume and to enhance my curl, and blended my crappy home-made fringe with the rest of my hair.  In essence, it's the same cut I had when I left the States.  And then the instructor proceeded to have the student use two different mousses in my hair, twirl each section separately, diffuse my hair, and then toussle it.  Now I have gross feeling hair (it's not even shiny because of so much product) that is pretty much the same style I've had for years (with varying lengths).  Granted, it looks great on me, I was just hoping for something different and fun.  I'm starting to think I should resort to color for that....I'm thinking purple streaks 

Oh yea...when the instructor was doing my consultation he said that I can't go too short with the overall length or my face will appear too round (I didn't even ask...)  So, that pretty much destroyed my idea of ever trying something shorter

I'd post pictures...but I don't know how.  And I look like crap because I've been walking around the wintry London city-ness all day! (although the hair amazing stayed practically the same the whole day...I'm assuming due to the massive amounts of product).

And enough of my blabbing on about nothing!  More about your hair
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 4:36am
I'm glad you like the final result.I can sympathize.Whenever I get my hair done they always pile in products and tease my hair up.Without fail I'll end up with a sort of bouffant style,lol.So after every cut I go home and take a nap.After the nap my hair has finally been tamed.Plus the ten products they put on my hair kept the initial shape.Helmet hair is gone.And I'm ready to go out looking normal again.I remember one time I told the stylist to use products sparingly and style it so its straight and sleek(like my natural texture).I swear she looked at me like I'd said somethething blasphemous,lol.She acted like you dont want your hair the size of texas and to stay that way til the end of time,lol.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 2:50am

Don't listen to stylists when they say you have to wear your hair a certain wy for your face shape-- all they're interested in is creating the illusion of a "perfect" oval face on everyone :-P .  Individuality is good!  Embrace your own unique face shape!

You went to the Vidal Sassoon and didn't even come out with anything edgy?  Bleh, what a rip-off!  Whatever happened to all the cool innovations they used to make?  Are they not into that anymore?

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic