Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a natural look after straightening..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tomster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a natural look after straightening..
    Posted: December 10 2005 at 8:11am

I was curious is to what is a good product to use in hair before or after using a ceramic straightener... I have thick, wavy/semi curly hair that's very coarse... so when I straighten it appears extremely dry... and frizzy ends.. like the moisture was sucked out... because I am sure it was... lol

When I finish straightening I use a slick whip defining gloss that works great with shine.. and a paste to stylize... not to much because I want it to be semi flowing and not weighted down like a helmet... but it usually only looks natural after a nights sleep or 2 or adding alittle water after use of said products then a nights sleep or 2... I've tried leaving in conditioner overnight then after washing out using Bio-Silk... but still looks extremely dry after straightening... frizzy ends ect... any advice?

My hair is alittle bit longer than jawline in the back... and almost to mid nose in front...

I want to be able to wash my hair... straighten it and look nice going out that day... not have to wait a couple days for it to look natural...

Edited by Tomster
nickp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 7:14pm

get your ends cut for a start..frizzy ends are split ends..and split ends occur rapidly as a result of heat damage from the ol' ceramics

furthermore, try using a heat defense spray before straightening

other than that, some people try abit of wax..for example fructis wax..comes in a green pot..wash your hair, condition it..let it dry out..coat your hair lightly in wax..and then apply the defense spray, straighten it and then add a bit more wax to get the style..the wax works in locking its shine and grease into the hair strands when under the ceramics, thus giving u a more condensed textured shiny look

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 10:13am
thermal proctecter available in salon and most stores. they can protect hair up to 180 celsius. its like what 300 F or something
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic