Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color suggestions for soft black hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frizzylizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzylizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color suggestions for soft black hair...
    Posted: December 12 2005 at 3:47pm
Hola,

I have no money for a pro now and have been wanting to color my black hair
brown for a year now. What is the rundown in terms of ash/golden and semi
or permanent?
I have shoulder curly hair (Puerto Rican) and in need of tips people.

gracias!
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 8:52pm
You can get a dye kit that lifts browns to a lighter shade of brown. I dunno if it work on black but it might.
~* Bambi Lee *~
WhisperToScream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhisperToScream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 10:46pm
Is you're hair virgin? If so then Loreal hicolor might work on it. I have curly hair and I dyed with that and it worked great except I forgot I still had some black on my ends (my hair is naturally black) from forever ago. It's a permanent haircolor that comes in many pretty shades. 
frizzylizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzylizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 8:34am

I colored my hair 2 years ago in a salon for Shape magazine. Pretty caramel
highlights and brown hair. What hicolor did you use?
WhisperToScream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhisperToScream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 11:41am
It was a bright red color which i regret cause it made me look washed out. I hear the reds work really well, but haven't hear much about the browns. I tried a brown color but since it was previously colored it didn't really turn out that well even though I used Colorfix to get the red out. 
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:58pm

the shade or brown depends on your skin tone and eyes. cool tones goes well with ash brown while warm tone goes well with gold shades. since you had your hair dyed gold and caramel. so i am guessing you liked it. so you must be warm then

but a word of advice. sometimes brown diy shades won't show well on naturaly black hair if your hair is really black.

ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic