Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how do you wear your hair to sleep?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do you wear your hair to sleep?
    Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:32pm

This has probably been covered, but I'm interested nonetheless.

I've had satin pillowcases for probably two years now, even before I was making any sort of conscious effort to grow my hair long.

I usually put my hair in a braid and just tie off the ends, but lately I've been finding that my hair is getting really knotted and frizzy where I sleep on it.  And wearing it down to sleep just results in total chaos when I wake up... it's great.

Just wondering what the strategies of the know-it-mostlies might be.

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 7:58am
Jennifer has been letting her hair down to sleep, but she has told me that when her hair is longer, it creates problems with wrapping around her and pinning her down in the middle of the night.  She said the last time she had it really long she'd put it in a braid to sleep or she'd wake up in kind of a panic state because she wasn't able to move.  I told her I'd unwrap her :-).  For now though, I brush her hair when we go to bed and then again in the morning.  Some mornings it somewhat tangled and other mornings it isn't bad at all.  

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 9:59am
Most popular methods on here are bubba tails (wrapping several bands down the length of a ponytail), plaiting or (if your hair is long enough), tucking under your pillow or over the edge of your bed.
I mostly use plaits.

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:30pm
Toss or lay your hair over your pillow & let it hang down... if long enough, put a clean, fresh towel on the floor so your hair doesn't gather up the dust bunnies. 

Or you could put your hair in a simple bun on the top of your head, so that it rests on the pillow.
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 8:34am

I have a satin pillow case and place my hair up and over the pillow as I lay down. Seems to work for me.

Also, be sure to comb your hair prior to going to bed so that any tangles don't become worse during the night (I don't always do this, especially when I'm tired...)

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 4:22am
I sleep with two braids or a side ponytail that changes direction depending on what side I'm sleeping on. I can leave it down to sleep on but you guys scared me off of that idea!
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 5:29am
mine just gets thrown over the side of the bed lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic