Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGive YOURSELF a TAPE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fo sho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fo sho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Give YOURSELF a TAPE
    Posted: January 14 2005 at 9:16pm
This is a topic on how to give yourself a tape. There is no reason to go out in public looking like a ware wolf becuase you go to wait until the weekend to go to the barber shop. Here are some tips:

1. Buy andis clippers. They are like $50 but they are the best. Exactly what the barber uses.
2. Practice using the clippers while off. If you are a beginner, outline your tape with a come first. If you have a little grease in your hair that will help. It will have a better indentation on the tape for you to see it better
3. Start on top line first. Make sure it is straight and even.
4. Next start on the sides. Make sure you outlined your tape all the way to the side burns so u can cut it precisely.
5. Have some one do your back tape. Any idiot with a pair of hands can do a back tape so it isnt that complicated.

And there you have it folks. No need to go to the barber for tapes. And if you need to cut you hair. Get some clippers and go with the grain. Don't cut to low becuase you would want to brush you hair after cutting.

If any body has tips on how to do tapes please reply in this forum...That would really help us out.

Wave tips:
1. Some of us ain't mixed with indian so we go to get the waves the hard way. Use grease...(wutever they said in previous forums
2. Use a long brush becuase you get more strokes out of it.
3. Brush top forward, back down, side diagnolly.
4. durag it or wave cap it up.
5. Don't always brush with your hair damp becuase your waves will not be as deep. Brush with hair a little dry. Also it helps if you grow your hair a little.

My QUESTIONS:
1. why brush hair after sleeping with the durag on...won't that take away the flatness of the hair
2. I cant get waves on the right side as much as I do on the left side...any suggestions?
3. By mid day in school my hair gets dry...what should I do to prevent this?
4. If anyone knows which is the best clippers to cut hair and if they know how to do fades let me know.

hope this helps
I'm not mixed, I'm pure black nappy
dude. Hard dedication to get waves.
6 grade brushed 50 times a day
12 grade brush 2500 a day
HOW REAL IS THAT
Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 9:35pm
....i prolly can answer ur questions, but u wrote too much...i didn't read all that,lol
fo sho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fo sho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 9:41pm
Yeah man i'm new to da thread. I figured I might as well put all my wave/hair topics and question in one.
HOW REAL IS THAT
BodyGuard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BodyGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 9:44pm
Could you explain step 2 a little better? I'm having trouble following. I really need this info too.

Thanx

"i will make life very uncomfortable 4 u on the internet....u mess wit me bad enough..." -Cardinal an e-thug at his finest.
fo sho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fo sho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 9:50pm
My bad i meant to say COMB****. Anyway, it means to take a comb and outline your tape as if you are drawing a tape on your self. When you're down doing that take the clippers and just go over it. Its like drawing on paper then cutting it out you know. Any more questions? I'll answer ALL

THANKS
HOW REAL IS THAT
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 9:56pm
nice info! great 1st post man! Welcome 2 da forums.
Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:09pm
thas how white dude cut they hair...i got a DVD on cuttin by CONAIR,black barbers don't do that,lol
fo sho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fo sho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Cardinal Cardinal wrote:

thas how white dude cut they hair...i got a DVD on cuttin by CONAIR,black barbers don't do that,lol

OH word? I didnt know they had a video on how to cut or give tapes...where do I go to get a dvd on how to give tapes...do u know how to fade

good look
HOW REAL IS THAT
VGIZZLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VGIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by fo sho fo sho wrote:

This is a topic on how to give yourself a tape. There is no reason to go out in public looking like a ware wolf becuase you go to wait until the weekend to go to the barber shop. Here are some tips:

1. Buy andis clippers. They are like $50 but they are the best. Exactly what the barber uses.
2. Practice using the clippers while off. If you are a beginner, outline your tape with a come first. If you have a little grease in your hair that will help. It will have a better indentation on the tape for you to see it better
3. Start on top line first. Make sure it is straight and even.
4. Next start on the sides. Make sure you outlined your tape all the way to the side burns so u can cut it precisely.
5. Have some one do your back tape. Any idiot with a pair of hands can do a back tape so it isnt that complicated.

And there you have it folks. No need to go to the barber for tapes. And if you need to cut you hair. Get some clippers and go with the grain. Don't cut to low becuase you would want to brush you hair after cutting.

If any body has tips on how to do tapes please reply in this forum...That would really help us out.

Wave tips:
1. Some of us ain't mixed with indian so we go to get the waves the hard way. Use grease...(wutever they said in previous forums
2. Use a long brush becuase you get more strokes out of it.
3. Brush top forward, back down, side diagnolly.
4. durag it or wave cap it up.
5. Don't always brush with your hair damp becuase your waves will not be as deep. Brush with hair a little dry. Also it helps if you grow your hair a little.

My QUESTIONS:
1. why brush hair after sleeping with the durag on...won't that take away the flatness of the hair
2. I cant get waves on the right side as much as I do on the left side...any suggestions?
3. By mid day in school my hair gets dry...what should I do to prevent this?
4. If anyone knows which is the best clippers to cut hair and if they know how to do fades let me know.

hope this helps

I CAN CUT GREAT AND FADE YO
"Only If I Knew"
Official Dreamteam Member Forever
http://community.webshots.com/user/vgsta

http://dreamteam360.net/us7.html
"Nothin Special I Just Brush Alot"
RaW-DiZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaW-DiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 12:20am
Like my dawg... When u say outline tha tape do u mean comb the edges of ur tapeline or what?
VGIZZLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VGIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 7:35am
Originally posted by RaW-DiZ RaW-DiZ wrote:

Like my dawg... When u say outline tha tape do u mean comb the edges of ur tapeline or what?

he means edge yaself up make ya line up fresh
"Only If I Knew"
Official Dreamteam Member Forever
http://community.webshots.com/user/vgsta

http://dreamteam360.net/us7.html
"Nothin Special I Just Brush Alot"
Cardinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cardinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 10:35am
Originally posted by fo sho fo sho wrote:

Originally posted by Cardinal Cardinal wrote:

OH word? I didnt know they had a video on how to cut or give tapes...where do I go to get a dvd on how to give tapes...do u know how to fade

good look

it don't show how to give fades....nuttin but white peeps on it
RaW-DiZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaW-DiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 5:33pm
Yeah... I know what a tape is... But he said:"outline your tape with a come first." Does he mean comb my tape line and then tape it up or what?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic