Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair problem
    Posted: December 20 2005 at 3:16pm

Does any one know, what size rollers to use on fine hair shoulder length? Also on the top the hair is 3 " long. .  Need help with the back as well.  She has a dip at the crown. Looks terrible in the back, from a side view. I don't know how to brush it, or feather it. Oh yes do all these rollers need to go under, or up.

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 7:00am
A perm, or just to roll when wet to set for a day?  For perms people tend to use smaller rollers.  To set for a day, the curls will come out the size of the rollers, so it depends on the look you're going for.

After curls, its best not to brush them but either finger comb them or comb with a wide toothed comb to avoid frizzing.  Under or up is your preference.  The ends will curl under if you roll them under, and curl up if you roll them up.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 10:59am

Sorry  Susan . I'm missing something here. When I brush or comb out the back of her hair, she has a dip at the crown in the back of her head. I've tried rolling the hair under all the way down the back. Have also tried rolling the hair up all the way down. As well as sideways all the way down. It makes no difference. When I brush or comb it out,  the dip is still there. This area needs some serious attention. When looking at it from the back, you can really notice this dip. Also from a side view. Looks ridiculous. I don't know how to solve it. My hair is easy to curl. It's hers I'm having the problem with. Don't know what size rollers to use in this area. Should it be notched in this section? If so would I notch it holding the hair straight up? Or notch it sideways? I'm confused, don't know how to correct it. I just know it needs too be  filled out some how. So it won't cave in. Hope you can understand this.

Thanks for all the info.

Sunduster

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 7:16am
Well, its hard to picture, and I don't know what notched means.  Have you tried going for smaller rollers (over the whole head) to see if smaller curls get the same effect?  Is it a cowlick making her hair lay in a funny way?  Are you rolling in a row from the forehead back down the center all in the same direction, or dividing it and doing the top one way and the back a different way with a gap in the rollers near the crown?  That may happen if you divide it.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 8:52am

Yes now your on to something. The top four I roll slightly pulled forward, than rolled under. From there I  move Don't roll right at the crown. I go down a little ways. down the back holding the hair straight up in the air. Then roll under. Yes there is a little gap. I don't start right at the crown. I go down a little ways. So Maybe I should roll them closer together. Like perm rods. Worth a try. Because for the life of me I can't figure it out. It's frustrating. Thanks so very much kiddo. I think you hit the nail on the head. This makes sense.

Sunduster

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic