Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velvet scrunchies and other toys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velvet scrunchies and other toys
    Posted: December 21 2005 at 2:07pm
Hi everyone! I would love a good tip on where to order some velvet scrunchies online. Also, any other pretty, hair safe hair toys. I have some links from other forums and my own searches, but the velvet scrunchies elude me....
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 2:24pm
If you want special hair toys, I believe Ficcares are supposed to be the best. I've never used them so I can't say exactly.

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Bibbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 2:45pm
Special Kitty!  I have a velvet scrunchie or two lying around.  I'll look and send them to ya!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 9:17pm

Ooooh. Just saw the Ficcares catalogue. Very very pretty. Thanks LadyFrog and Bibbles!

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 1:51am

Ficcares never worked for me. Period. (I've tried three different models/sizes in various updo styles, and they didn't hold up my hair for more than 5 minutes, without hurting) but I'm just an anomaly. I was so sad when I got a FRENCH TWIST to stay with a Ficcare Millennium, but it HURT.  Ficcares work for the majority of people at shoulder-length and beyond. Really nice knockoffs can be found on Hairboutique's Marketplace, such as this clip by Evita Peroni.

Velvet scrunchies can also be found in Target, Kmart, Walmart, and other such places. or Scrunchie.com sells them.

Pretty much the only toys I ever recommend to people are corkscrew Dymondwood hairsticks by Mamacat Wood Creations, but they are no longer available.

Happy Solstice
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 10:43am

Thank You Anais, and happy Solstice to you as well. I will try the knockoff Ficcares before investing in a real one. Enjoy the longer days, hee hee. And you are always so helpful, I truly appreciate it!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic