Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding day help! curling fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
esull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding day help! curling fine hair
    Posted: December 22 2005 at 7:22pm

I have fine hair, about four inches below shoulderlength, that is mostly straight, but gets a little wavy when its humid. I am getting married next week and I went to a hairstylist yesterday to try out a hairdo for the wedding. I have never been to a hairstylist before, and I never curl my hair or anything. She did a nice hairdo using a hot iron to curl my hair in ringlets, and then pinning it up in the back of my head so that the curls hang down to the top of my neck. However, I am very concerned that the hairdo will not last through the day. I know my hair does not hold curls from a curling iron well at all. I am afraid that after a few hours, the curls will be coming out and it will look terrible. Are there some easy tips that can help hold the curls better? For instance, should my hair be dry or damp when it is curled? Would the curls stay better if the hair is wet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 8:54am
I am sure your hairstylist has some hairspray that will keep it from moving at all and that can hold up against humidity, hurricane force winds, etc.  The only problem is getting it out of your hair.  You will need to wash it out with clarifying shampoo.  Just be sure and explain your concerns and I'll bet you will get that beautiful updo with no problems.

Edited by demodoll
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic