Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straight, all one length..... BORING!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SallyBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SallyBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight, all one length..... BORING!
    Posted: December 23 2005 at 12:27am
I am a quarter Japanese, and I think the only thing that is remotely asian about me is my hair. It is the darkest brown, pin-straight, and super slick. Which most women would kill for. But it's been long, all one length for my entire life. I'm 22! I am so jealous of my friends with coarse, wavy hair, because they get to have that sexy "swishy bangs" thing and layers. And they can style it.... I put mine in hot rollers, I use spray and mousse, and 15 minutes later (I kid you not) the curls fall out. My hair is just not porous. I want layers, but will they look too choppy? Is there anything possible for hair like mine, besides boring all-one-length?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 12:54pm

Have you tried sock curling? It's an overnight method and I find that overnight methods give longer-lasting curls than non-overnight methods.

I think you could easily get away with layers, depending on the thickness of your hair. What is the measurement around your ponytail?

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
SallyBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SallyBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 3:44pm

What's sock curling? I've never heard of it.

The base (without the hair tie) is 2 3/4 inches. I don't have particularly thick hair.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 6:34pm

Hi SallyBlue,

This is sock curling. I hope it works for you  As for something that is not one-length, have you looked through the HB styles gallery? Maybe it could give you some idea of what layers would look like on someone with similar hair and face shape.

Hope this helps
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic