Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DamagedHair Products Info, etc. *SOS*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Afakeleg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afakeleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DamagedHair Products Info, etc. *SOS*
    Posted: December 26 2005 at 1:25am

OOOkay. I bleached and fried my hair  I have been practically living at this website the last few days researching products, reading reviews, and finding home remedies to help with my breakage/hair loss. I've always had fine, thin hair, but balding wasn't what I was after. I think I've read every post about Damaged, Dry, Bleached, Breakage, Protien Packs, Reconstructors, Deep Conditioners, Sebastion 2+1, Joico K-pak, Terax, Phyto, Redken, Bioter, I can go on. Also some new stuff no one seems to have used, Salerm.

I've been using the conditioner that came with the bleach like crazy and olive oil, shea butter drenches. Hair seems a little better, but still just falls out when I run my hand gently through it. I've came to the conlusion it needs a protein treatment and some good (hopefully not too expesnive) deep conditioner. But I've also read that people have had more breakage problems with the protein and over conditioning  

I aslo read somewhere someone used an egg on their hair to add protien?? Is that an alternative to buying a Protein Reconstructer Pack thingy? 

I guess basically I overstuffed myself with info and am lost... 

Help... Hair Advice Gods... Please...

gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 8:46am

Take heart!

I'm wondering if you are eating a balanced diet? Also do you take a multi vitamin? Also do you take selenium, and B complex vitamins with zinc? If not I reccomend you do this, Your hair may be damaged on the outside, but to truly regain healthier hair, you should eat right and take vitamins too.

I hope this helps you!

God Bless You!

Take care,

Katie ;)
sheerblonde823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheerblonde823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 6:19pm
While I have never colored my hair, I used to straighten it without religiously applying silicon protectants and what not, and soon found that my hair was less healthy than I would have liked!

I simply used the Neutrogena Triple Moisture deep conditioner mask, once a week.  Then I followed with the leave in conditioner, and now I use the anti-frizz cream.

That's really all it took for me, but when I noticed my mom's hair (which has been professionally colored millions of times) I noticed how DRY it was!  She has always used professional products, and I almost always sing their praises as well, but she finally gave in and started to use the entire Triple Moisture line - the shampoo, daily conditioner, deep conditioning mask, and leave in conditioner.  She has made a few changes in her coloring routine, but the Triple Moisture line is absolutely credited for saving my mom's hair.  So I don't know, perhaps give this stuff a try!  Give it a month or so, also.  I love it.
Afakeleg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afakeleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 5:32pm
Thank you. Very cool, that was a long time ago and I ended up cutting it all off. But now im trying to grow it back and still haven't learned my lesson about over dyeing. I'll be sure to pick up some of the products tonight
Afakeleg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afakeleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 1:43am

Agh. Went to walmart tonight on a little spree and rememberd to pick up at least one of the Neutragena products, but couldn't find them anywhere

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic