Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

brown to blonde to black!! HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SugarPrincesss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarPrincesss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brown to blonde to black!! HELP!
    Posted: December 28 2005 at 12:03am
Hi everyone, I need some help and from the looks of it this looks like a pretty good place to ask for some help and advice. Ok so here is some history. My natural hair color is about a medium brown. I started dying my hair blonde when I was 13 and I am now 18. I would have blonde hair then dye it back brown then dye it back blonde etc, so my hair is very damaged. Me and my friend decided to dye our hair black about 4 months ago, and I went along not thinking about the consequences of black hair. I went to cost cutters (the salon in wal-mart because my friends mom works there) she tried to dye my hair a lighter brown, for the most part it lightened my hair a little, you can barely tell the difference. Another place told me that if I tried to dye my hair back blonde that it would basically fall out? I'm not sure if that is true or not...( I was also told that if I dyed my hair blonde when i had dyed brown hair that it would turn green and it never did so I'm not sure who to believe) I'm just too impatient to wait for my hair to grow out and I also think that it is tacky when you have a different color hair and different color roots. But my friend went to a salon and got products for her hair, they worked and her hair is now brown, but she hasn't dyed her hair nearly as much as I have dyed mine! My dilemma is that I am afraid that my hair is way too damaged to put any kind of harsh products on it, is there any effective way that I can get my hair to a light, medium, or even dark brown without damaging my hair much more than it already is. I know that it is possible somehow someway. sorry this was so long and thank-you for reading this.
Amber
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 2:07pm
Your hair is most likely damaged, you can't lighten it without doing that. Keep your hair conditioned and protected, wash it ever other day, maybe every three days. The black may fade after a while. Bleachign it will chemically burn it most likely, and maybe get you to a orange color.
Products as in hairspray, gel etc? No those shouldn't hurt your hair but usuing any lightning may.

Try looking into the brown lightners from Loreal'. Read the box, I don't know if it will lighten chemically darkened hair but you can see. Those are supoose to ligthen dark hair to a brown, or light brown instead of using a bleachign kit. Hope you figure it out, and hopefully we get some more advice.

~* Bambi Lee *~
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 10:43am
Try Colorfix, it's supposed to be gentler than most other colour removers and is definitely gentler than bleaching it.  I have the same problem but I can't get Colorfix in the UK...you'll be fine though.

However, Colorfix will damage your hair just like everything else! so look after it for a while before you do it, get intensive conditioning masks etc..before you do it.  It will lift the colour probably to a browny orange colour, with muddy and uneven results.  But this gives you a cleaner canvas to work on and dye brown over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic