Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help on pimples and acne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xtrem3boi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrem3boi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help on pimples and acne
    Posted: December 28 2005 at 11:58am

I am a ignorant seventeen yr old male ,who  know not much about skin care and i am recently concern about skin care..

my pimples is coming out ... sometimes @ chin , nose or cheeks .... @ my cheeks the pores are bigger.. what to do? pls help me !! thanks

and when i have pimples , issit appropriate if i apply mostruriser ?cause my skin is abit dry ...

or if u gt any suggestions for me , feel free to post ..

THANK YOU very much ...

caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 1:54am
Hi xtremeboi. You should really look into proactive. It's the best product out there. I used to have a really bad problem in high school, but it really works.  I also use products by opaltech77 to lighten dark marks left by the acne, and to keep my skin tone fresh and even. Their overnight mask works wonders, then I use proactive during the day. opaltech's web address is in my signature. I hope this helps you. Good luck.
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 4:37pm
look at the post i put up that says very simple acne and skin regimen it works its simple and its the truth.
Babycheeks
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:20pm
are u scarred
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
UrKinaGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrKinaGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 2:33am
hey!

I wouldnt use proactive... i used it and it was really drying....if u want to moisturize use a lotion that specifies on its label that it is either "noncomedogenic, nonacnegenic, or says it doesnt clog pores" I use Aveda "all sensitive lotion" and love it ...doesnt break me out at all, but u have to go to an aveda store...usually in the malls, or buy it online...not in drug stores.
Heres my acne cure story....maybe my cure will be yours too!  I had bad acne ...inflammatory and noninflammatory... from age 12 to 23. I did proactive..hated that stuff! also went to dermatologists for years and spa treatments.... I finally cured my acne by using Maximum Strength Oxy Cleansing Pads.... but they only worked for me when I used them w out washing my face w any other products. I dont ever wash my face w anything else, and I even avoid letting water touch my face as the water here is really hard.... i use them two to three times daily.... i was almost completely clear w in a week.  

Good luck to you!
Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 12:57am
use oxypads
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

sunkissed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunkissed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 1:23am
My nephew used proactive, didn't help. He then bought this cheap homeopathic cream for $9 bucks and he is clear. It has arnica in it which is supposed to help acne. He got his at new-raves.com

Proactive could be another option if you have money to test it on
Jessica81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 4:06pm
Go to a dermatologist, they can give you prescription medication, like Accutane, which reduces acne for life! It takes a huge commitment though.
peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:37am
steam face twice per week use facial cleanser then apply a scar removing cream
pr.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 11:07pm
Proactive works great. Also Murad which you can find at bath and body works. But if you want to go cheaper, try washing with Biore and use Neutrogina multi Vitamin lotion. It works really good and it is very affordable. It will take a week or two for you to see the results, but you will see it.
Lucylu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucylu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 11:37am
I don't know if anybody's still needs this infor but.....I've tried everything and the only thing that has worked for me is ACNEFREE.....you can buy it online or at stores like target/costco........its a system much like proactive but less expensive and more readily available.  If you follow the system ( you can sometimes find it in trial size for like $1 - you should see results within three days.
babyjprettyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyjprettyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 5:38pm

THIS WILL HELP YOU   i used to have acne real bad till kids used to pick at me and i went to a all black school so you know how that is crackin all day     but i used the daily wash  called oxy daily was chill factor  at night and what a improvement my acne went a away i may get one from time to time if i eat to much ice cream like half a gallon but this stuff works trust me you wont regret it   i am like mike jones now back then you didnt wont me now i am hot you are all on me

babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 6:54pm
prettyboy- it may of not been the product it could of been your hormones back then were more out of control then they are now.
Babycheeks
babyjprettyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyjprettyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 7:26pm

naw i thought it was the hormones to but it is the oxy stuff plus drink lots of water that helps pimples to

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 11:17pm
 Oh,I can relate! except I'm a 29 year old woman and I started getting acne at 27. NOTHING,and I mean NOTHING over the counter including proactiv helped me. I tried it all. I finally swallowed my pride and found a dermatologist WHO SAVED MY LIFE!!! I love this man and how much he helped me. He gave me differin gel and 3 months of antibiotics,and I have been virtually pimple free for almost a year.
BRUSTERS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRUSTERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 10:53pm
Hi extrem3boi,

I have tried Proactive and unfortunately it doesn't work for us all, but I do not for a fact that it does work for some people.

However, I am a 17 year old female who has struggled with acne since the 7th grade and I have finally gotten it under control.

Try these products, they work great and you can get most of them from Walmart or Target.

Basis face wash. (It takes pollution out of your skin as well as other impurities).

Stridex Benzoyl Peroxide Pads (benzoyl peroxidde is a known acne fighter, and works wonders!!)

Olay mositurizing cream (They have it for sensitive skin, normal skin, oily skin, combination skin, etc.) And even if you don't get OLAY, get a mouisturizer that is hypo-allergenic, or non-comodegenic (it won't clog your pores) and make sure it has sunscreen in it.

And if you can get a dermatologist to right you a prescription for Retin-A
Micro. It works really well on blackheads, but make sure to only start out using it once a day because it is very strong and will dry out your skin.

Don't be afraid to mositurize, it helps, but don't forget a moisturizer for your face is not the same as lotion and should not be used like lotion.

Cleanse your face 2 to 3 times a day with COLD WATER, and drink plenty of water. Actually, DRINK ONLY WATER!! A soda a day goes a long way on you face.

Hope this helps!!!
BRUSTER'S
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 11:35am

mask against oily skin and blackheads
http://www.topbeautycare.com/directory/Mask_for_Oily_Skin_and_against_Blackheads_d50_sc3.html
or try http://www.topbeautycare.com/directory/Mask_Against_Blemishes_d37_sc3.html

should be less  ignorant... it will help you deal with pimples :)

Edited by tanjuska - November 04 2006 at 12:43pm
Makaley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 5:42pm

I have combination skin - Part oily & part dry.

When I get pimples, I get some nasty ones.
So I try my best to keep it under control.

First I use Clearsil Daily Wash and Clearisl Blackhead control.
I use hot water on my face to open the pores.
I rub in the Daily wash all over my face, & let it sit for a minute or two.
I wash off with warm water, and then rub in cold water to close the pores.

Once done with the daily wash I repeat the same with the Blackhead control.

& for those pimples that appear out of nowhere, I use Clearsil Acne treatment, it gets rid of the annoyance in about 3 days (depending on the size and what not )

Edited by Makaley - January 18 2007 at 5:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic